You know what's pathetic...

Bluefield_Rules

When I have to read The Register-Herald to find any mention of the Beaver game last night because the BLUEFIELD Daily Telegraph has absolutely nothing on the game. R.I.P. BDT....

man that is bad .kinda sounds like a personal thing going on there with the press and football program.i notice lots of times bristol puts va high on headlines even when they lose.maybe just dont want to show favortism.

When I have to read The Register-Herald to find any mention of the Beaver game last night because the BLUEFIELD Daily Telegraph has absolutely nothing on the game. R.I.P. BDT....

Glad to know it wasn't just me. I went looking online this morning, and...NOTHING. I mean, seriously, WTF? Also, they do those freaking pop-under pages, and even my Ad Block Plus has a hard time with it. I guess the only thing keeping the BDT alive is money from the Ramey and Cole families for advertising (for the dang car dealerships).

Pathetic.

I sent an email, and received a message back from Brian Woodson. Here are his comments:

We had a story and photo from the Bluefield game in Saturday's paper.

Apparently it didn't make it on the online edition. That happens

sometimes simply because we have so many games to put on there on a

Friday night and sometimes the system drops one or two without warning.

Sorry about that. When I found out, I had someone put it in the system

later on Saturday.

Thanks for writing and sorry the story you wanted to see wasn't on the

website. I know you are too far away to get the print edition.

Brian

=========

Looks like a lack of quality control. Did nobody actually check to see that the stories loaded made it to the webpage? Anyway, there is a story there now. No photo that I could see, but with a whipping like that, I guess it's no big deal.

I sent an email, and received a message back from Brian Woodson. Here are his comments:

We had a story and photo from the Bluefield game in Saturday's paper.

Apparently it didn't make it on the online edition. That happens

sometimes simply because we have so many games to put on there on a

Friday night and sometimes the system drops one or two without warning.

Sorry about that. When I found out, I had someone put it in the system

later on Saturday.

Thanks for writing and sorry the story you wanted to see wasn't on the

website. I know you are too far away to get the print edition.

Brian

=========

Looks like a lack of quality control. Did nobody actually check to see that the stories loaded made it to the webpage? Anyway, there is a story there now. No photo that I could see, but with a whipping like that, I guess it's no big deal.

Quality control's exactly it. What's most damning is that it's a VERY easy fix to make, yet it was overlooked.

You don't have to be a full-time editor to make sure little things like these are cared for.