Black Diamond District Stats (11-12-10)

tbgfan

Posted in today's Bristol Herald Courier: I question the accuracy of the stats for the BDD--example: shows Waynick (Hurley) with 7 TD receptions, but not listed in scoring stats. Some seem as if they are duplicates for players. Below is how they were listed

Black Diamond District

RUSHING

----------G-----Att.-----Yds.-----YPC

Rawlins, Hurley------------10--80--1007--12.5

Honaker, Honaker-----------9-133---968---7.3

Justice, Hurley-------------10-101---793---7.8

Mitcham, Hurley------------10--50---415---8.3

Gent, Honaker---------------9--57---388---6.8

Justice, Hurley---------------5--40---349---8.7

Blair, Haysi-------------------8--74---321---4.3

Mitchum, Hurley--------------5--32---309---9.6

Keene, Honaker--------------9--29---270---9.3

SCORING

----------TD-----FG-----2P-----XP-----Total

Rawlins, Hurley----------16--0--1--0--98

Justice, Hurley-----------13--0--2--0--82

Honaker, Honaker--------10--0--0--0--60

Blair, Haysi---------------7--0--1--0--44

Rawlins, Hurley-----------6--0--2--0--38

Justice, Hurley-----------6--0--2--0--38

Newberry, Haysi----------6--0--2--0--38

Gent, Honaker------------6--0--0--0--36

Keene, Honaker-----------5--0--0--0--30

TOUCHDOWN PASSES

A. Cooper, Hurley----------13

Blair, Haysi,----------------10

C. Miller, Honaker-----------3

Hall, Honaker, --------------2

TOUCHDOWN RECEPTIONS

Waynick, Hurley----------7

Newberry, Haysi----------6

D. Stanley---------------2

Vandyke, Honaker--------2

Edwards, Haysi-----------1

Elswick, Haysi------------1

Bunn, Honaker------------1

Dye, Honaker-------------1

Life has many choices---eternity two

Rawlings should be back of the year with out a doubt and maybe offensive player of the year and cooper should be 1st team QB. even though he had a bad game against honaker he was on top of his game for the biggest part of the year.

I can agree with both of those, espicially Rawlings. Honaker may of had a better rushing attack but no one had a better season than Rawlings. I still say Blair is the best QB in the district but in district play he didnt really show up and Cooper did, atleast against Haysi and Twin Valley.

Honaker from Honaker will probably get POY and he earned it good #s and he showed up in district games!

Cooper had well over 1,000 yards passing on the season, I'm going to give the edge to cooper.

Hate to say it, but all Haysi qb's are system qb's (kinda like the Hawaii, utah, houston, ect... in college) If you throw it 30 times a game you better come with the stats.

Cooper had well over 1,000 yards passing on the season, I'm going to give the edge to cooper.

Hate to say it, but all Haysi qb's are system qb's (kinda like the Hawaii, utah, houston, ect... in college) If you throw it 30 times a game you better come with the stats.

I think Austin and have thought since last year that he's the best QB in the district.

I agree with what Coach Tester said at the Banquet last year " I've got the best QB in the District"...Waynick hasnt even touched the potential he has who knows what that kid will be able to do if he sets his mind to it..Hurley had the best backfield head and shoulders above the rest I think.

Haysi throws the ball alot but not 30 times a game, its generally around 15 sometimes more somtimes less. I have only seen Coach Colley throw the ball 30 times on rare occasions, usually when the team is outmatched and has trouble running the ball. I would guess that Blair only has around 120 attempts on the season.

Waynick improved ALOT from last year to this year. Last season he was just tall and didnt know how to use his size, this season he was a much more polished reciever and played big. Cooper did a good job of putting the ball where only Waynick could get it.

Haysis system does have alot to do with the success of our QBs but they still have to make the throws. The same could be said for Rawlings, Hurleys offense is set up to get him the ball in alot of different ways(inside leads toss sweeps jet sweeps). Doesent the system give him alot of his stats? not trying to downplay what he did this season at all he is a fine runningback

Edited by redtiger

Posted in today's Bristol Herald Courier: I question the accuracy of the stats for the BDD--example: shows Waynick (Hurley) with 7 TD receptions, but not listed in scoring stats. Some seem as if they are duplicates for players. Below is how they were listed

Black Diamond District

RUSHING

----------G-----Att.-----Yds.-----YPC

Rawlins, Hurley------------10--80--1007--12.5

Honaker, Honaker-----------9-133---968---7.3

Justice, Hurley-------------10-101---793---7.8

Mitcham, Hurley------------10--50---415---8.3

Gent, Honaker---------------9--57---388---6.8

Justice, Hurley---------------5--40---349---8.7

Blair, Haysi-------------------8--74---321---4.3

Mitchum, Hurley--------------5--32---309---9.6

Keene, Honaker--------------9--29---270---9.3

SCORING

----------TD-----FG-----2P-----XP-----Total

Rawlins, Hurley----------16--0--1--0--98

Justice, Hurley-----------13--0--2--0--82

Honaker, Honaker--------10--0--0--0--60

Blair, Haysi---------------7--0--1--0--44

Rawlins, Hurley-----------6--0--2--0--38

Justice, Hurley-----------6--0--2--0--38

Newberry, Haysi----------6--0--2--0--38

Gent, Honaker------------6--0--0--0--36

Keene, Honaker-----------5--0--0--0--30

TOUCHDOWN PASSES

A. Cooper, Hurley----------13

Blair, Haysi,----------------10

C. Miller, Honaker-----------3

Hall, Honaker, --------------2

TOUCHDOWN RECEPTIONS

Waynick, Hurley----------7

Newberry, Haysi----------6

D. Stanley---------------2

Vandyke, Honaker--------2

Edwards, Haysi-----------1

Bunn, Honaker------------1

Dye, Honaker-------------1

Life has many choices---eternity two

I thought Waynick had more touchdowns than 7 and i know he had some 2 point conversions. the paper must have accidently left him out of the scoring stats.

the papers leave a lot of stats out and make mistakes. they haven't said much about hurley's defense all year, haven't told us who lead in tackles, things like that ..and for example, the TV game.. J.Layne and T.Hurley both kicked extra points..J.Layne may have kicked one or two more than T.Hurley, not sure..but all extra points were given to T.Hurley..this has went on all year..not sure who turns in the stats and whatnot for the game..but nobody's perfect i guess..