Cave Spring twice as many students as Grundy

Gizmo777

If I remember corrently, Graham didn't want to go in same Single A direction VHSL wanted so they opted to stay AA a while longer . . . not sure but seem to recall similar situation with Grundy. Grundy, Graham, and every other school will always be at the mercy of the VHSL. Bottom line, it's like everything else, SWVA will always be the part of the state with less voice, clout, etc. simply due to geography, demographics, etc.

You speak of the VHSL as though it has some valid authority and/or power. In reality, it's a complete and utter joke. That's the real problem.

Youre right about SWVA having less of a voice in VA but wrong about the VHSL forcing Grundy and Graham to play up in AA. The VHSL may have wanted Graham in Reg D and they wanted to go to C but thats about it as far as I know.

Graham and Grundy both have chosen to play up for many years...their choice not the VHSL.

The VHSL has always wanted to put Graham in the MED if they were going to drop to Class A...Region D was never a thought...

And Grundy wanted to go the LPD... tougher competition & easy to get non-district games with the BDD teams. We were "forced" to apply for A 2 years ago because of a back-handed move by a local & got put into the BDD, but Region D "vetoed" it... mainly because the scheds had already been made.

bhokie: I don't think you read any of these posts here as no-one was whinning about anything. I also think the same about Abingdon and would have mentioned them had they been playing this week. I don't know about the other posters on here but I actually pull for Abingdon anytime they are playing any school outside of this area. I pull for the southwest area teams period. I was not asking for any pity but it was worth mentioning that a team that was going into the second round of playoffs was outnumbered in enrolement by a 2 to 1 margin. I can of figured grundy would get beat this week and thought as a suporter of the area teams it was a pertinent point. There's not anything anybody can do about this enrolement delima since more people live in the urban areas. I was just pointing out that the teams in this area just have a bigger hill to climb than most teams to reap the spoils of victory. I see enough crap on here discussed that I think this is an odd thing for you to get you're diaper in a bunch.