Blackouts!

redtiger

I really dont mind teams/fans colorcoordinating and "blacking out" stadiums, IF THEIR TEAM COLORS INCLUDE BLACK! Washington has decided to have a blackout tonight in their game with UCLA. Now correct me if im wrong but Washingtons colors are Purple and Gold(which looks sharp by the way), but in no way do they use black! Why not have a purple out? Helmets Jerseys Pants the whole deal and all of the fans can wear purple! It just really aggravates me when teams use colors that arent part of the normal scheme. Haysi a few years ago even did this wearing black jerseys for a game.

Its not a matter of hating black uniforms, Pound for instance always looks great in their all black unis. It just seems kinda cheap to me "oh lets be cool like those guys". I like the way Penn State does it, White Out now thats cool !

Am I the only one bothered by this?

I just realized I sound a little like Mad Max from John Boy and Billy

I personally love black outs. And I think one reason you see alot of schools doing it is because the recruits love it. Sadly, jerseys can be a big factor in recruiting. And it seems that most kids today love the crazy colors and black/white outs.