The Band

Flea

I was just wondering if anybody noticed that Martinsville's Band came to The Ernie and laid down the gauntlet and handed our band their "11 time VA Honor Band Title" wadded up and torn to shreds? I was so impressed with that their band that I went to the band parents and the band director after the game and commended them on their spirit and support for their team. I even extended an invitation for them to come back to the Cave Spring game. Which was graciously declined but greatly appreciated.

Mr. Miller I hope you were taking notes. Their band played music that was well known by everyone and as far as could tell they were well received by all the RHS fans. We all know that they probably didn't play "The Classics" but who defines classical music, I think of classical music as "Flat and Scruggs" (it drives my wife crazy). This post is not in any way to be regarded as a bash on the band students because they have to do as they are told by their Director. BUT COME ON MAN!!!!!!!! At least let the kids have fun and and get into the game. I have been told everything from Mrs. Webb didn't want the band to play while the game was "active" to they don't play while the other band is plying out of respect for the other teams band. I am not for sure if either of those are true but Its football someone is going to get their feelings hurt.

So if anyone is game I can hook up the ole gooseneck cattle trailer and stop by Martinsville and see if their band is willing to go to Lynchburg for next couple of weeks.

This should have been the first thing that you posted, that way I could have disregarded the rest.

Easy Big Blue Aluminum.....I can remember when you were in high school and you and your posse flipped up your hair like them 'Flock of Seagulls' boys.

Edited by The-Joker