Gretna vs Gate City

dshreeves

There hasn't been much talk about this game here this week.

Why so quiet?

Does anyone give Gate City much of a chance in this one? I think they will compete with Gretna better this year than they did in 2007 when they lost 52-0.

Good luck Blue Devils. Here's hoping you guys bring back another State Championship for yourselves and for the area!

There hasn't been much talk about this game here this week.

Why so quiet?

Does anyone give Gate City much of a chance in this one? I think they will compete with Gretna better this year than they did in 2007 when they lost 52-0.

Good luck Blue Devils. Here's hoping you guys bring back another State Championship for yourselves and for the area!

we have to play a 100% mistake free game. and Gretna has to mess up somewhere, they are fast. but i believe in our guys. thats all we need.

I really don't know anything about Gretna this year but they have had some great teams the last few years. (Really fast and explosive) I am sure they are very good this year as well. I know gate City is very physical and if they can use that to generate some turnovers they can even out the speed issue. Gate City must be able to run the ball and control the clock to keep the Gretna team off the field as much as possible. I know Gate City has several seniors and sometimes they can impose thier will more than underclassmen can. I pick Gate City in a close game to pull this one off and bring back some hardware to SWVA. GO BLUE DEVILS

Gretna has been going through a great run of athletes this past decade and it dont look to end anytime soon. Their coach knows the schools in our area very well. He was the coach at Kelly before being run off (I think is what happened) then he coached Shelby Valley KY improving that team while he was there. He is a good coach and is in a coach's dream situation with the talent at Gretna. They did lose one game this year which was their season opener to Liberty Christian a private school by the score 31 to 0.

Kevin Saunders is the Head Coach at Gretna. His brother is the Head Coach at Radford. So I am sure they have game tape. Ain't hard to know what GC wants to do. RUN THEM OVER. They know it is coming and can not stop it. Gate City needs to smash the Hawks with the great running backs they have. Be great to have 2 State Champs in this area. Go Blues. Go Devils. And I will even pull for East. Mont.

The key to GC winning this game is to contain #10. They run somewhat of a wildcat formation with him and he just picks a hole and takes off. Against King William, I believe he accounted for all of Gretna's points and had 3 picks on defense. After watching Gretna play, I honestly believe GC can win this game. King William jumped on Gretna early, had a chance to go up 21-0, but KW threw a pick in the endzone, changed all the momentum KW had in the game.

The key to GC winning this game is to contain #10. They run somewhat of a wildcat formation with him and he just picks a hole and takes off. Against King William, I believe he accounted for all of Gretna's points and had 3 picks on defense. After watching Gretna play, I honestly believe GC can win this game. King William jumped on Gretna early, had a chance to go up 21-0, but KW threw a pick in the endzone, changed all the momentum KW had in the game.

you really think we can beat them? I havent saw any tape of them whatsoever. I just expect a fast team.

Would #10 be Nick Miller? I'm thinking so. I remember him from the game in 2007 when he was a freshman.

I don't remember him being much of a passing threat at that time but his running ability was impressive.

I really hope GC can win this one!

Over on VAPreps the Gretna fans for the most part are saying that this game will be no different than the 07 game. GC has not a snowballs chance in hades. What I gather is they are trying to intimidate Gate City in hopes to derail them. What they dont realize is those kids at GC have been wanting another shot at the Hawks since their Freshman year. They will not be intimidated. They might not get it but they really want it!

or Gretna hawks football.

Nick Miller is back as a senior, he has about 1900yds rushing. They have a really nice looking lineman #77 that they try to sneak Miller behind. The defense is no where as good as the 07 version. if you recall they blew everyone away that year not just GC.