Proof that I'm a moron

(For those of you seeking it beyond my posts here, of course.)

Talking to a guy I go to church with whom I've known for more than a few years, and I just figured out that he pitched in the majors. In fact, he was a member of the '64 Cardinals team that won the World Series. He was telling me about pitching to Roberto Clemente when our conversation was interrupted. (Darned children's Christmas program.....)

It's the guy in the attached baseball card photo, in case this is remotely interesting.

post-336-137723137866_thumb.jpg

detroit tigers (1962)

st. louis cardinals (1963-64)

washington senators (1966-69, 70)

milwaukee brewers (1970)

you must live out near Bedford?

Right smack in the middle of it.

I've known Bob for a few years through Elks and our church, but I never put two and two together until another mutual friend mentioned Bob's major league career. He was giving me the chronology of his career and he'd just gotten to the part when he was traded to the Cardinals when we had to break up the discussion.

That led me to wonder about his possible connection to the '64 team, and sure enough....

(For those of you seeking it beyond my posts here, of course.)

Talking to a guy I go to church with whom I've known for more than a few years, and I just figured out that he pitched in the majors. In fact, he was a member of the '64 Cardinals team that won the World Series. He was telling me about pitching to Roberto Clemente when our conversation was interrupted. (Darned children's Christmas program.....)

It's the guy in the attached baseball card photo, in case this is remotely interesting.

Awesome!