good game hurley

vtfan56

good job guys, lost to johnson central ky. tonight by only 2 points. lead after 3 quarters. then fourth was back and forth. played without tyler cooper about all night.he came in at end of fourth for a few. lost to a very good ky team tonight. you guys looked very good tonight. losing to a 5A 1500 plus kids ky school by 2 who leads their district isnt too bad. great job guys. good luck tomorrow against allen central.

I was there tonight as well, thought Hurley played a excellent game considering how much of a poorly called game it was. They was several no calls where our boys were getting beat to death. Two players for Johnson Central #32 and #13 should had been threw out for their behavior during the game. 32 pretty much threw Waynick to the floor once and then it looked like 13 was trying to step on Austin once when he was on the floor. Then once 32 threw Austin to the floor once I thought it had busted his nose but he was fine. Then one of the most unsportsman like things I have ever seen. 13 fell out of bound near Hurleys bench and Mark padded the kid of the back as he got to his feet and I suppose asked if he was ok 13 basically pushed Marks arm away. Then someone from the other side yelled out keep your hands off of him coach. I thought Johnson Central was a great team but they did not show good sportsmanship at all. I don't know if it was because they had heard that we were a really good team and they wanted to try to make a statement but their behavior was horrible. Was they really a 5A team? If so that just makes Hurleys performace tonight even more impressive!!!

i may be wrong on 5 A but at least 3A kentuckys district is a little different, i know for a fact they have a very large enrollment over 1000. go to scoreboard/kentucky.com and you can see their district i think its region 15 district 57 or something like that. anyway they lead there region. and yes it was a very poor called game. should have been a double tecnical foul when they called that one on tyler.and they pretty much let the 32 kid play football.hurley won the game in my book. but its a loss to a very good team though. anyway, GO REBELS.

Scott 55 Allen Central (KY) 28

Johnson Central (KY) 55 Hurley 53

Avella Area (PA) 61 Lawrence County (KY) 29

Pikeville (KY) 72 Tolsia 45

Wednesday

Consolation

Hurley vs. Allen Central (KY), 2 p.m.

Tolsia vs. Lawrence County (KY), 3:45 p.m.

Skills competition, 5:30 p.m.

Semifinals

Johnson Central (KY) vs. Scott, 6:30 p.m.

Avella Area (PA) vs. Pikeville, 8:15 p.m.

Thursday

7th Place- 2 p.m.

5th Place- 3:45 p.m.

3rd Place- 5:30 p.m.

Championship- 8:30 p.m.

Tournament bracket:

http://www.eqtenergyclassic.com/Pikeville-Invitational-Schedule-Brackets.htm

Wednesday scores

Pikeville (KY) 70 Avella (PA) 49

Hurley (VA) 52 Allen Central (KY) 43

Johnson Central (KY) 58 Scott (WV) 51

Tolsia (WV) 68 Lawrence County (KY) 34

Thursday

7th Place- Allen Central (KY) vs. Lawrence County (KY), 2 p.m.

5th Place- Hurley (VA) vs. Tolsia (WV), 3:45 p.m.

3rd Place- Avella (PA) vs. Scott (WV), 5:30 p.m.

Championship- Johnson Central (KY) vs. Pikeville (KY), 8:30 p.m.

Johnson Co vs Pikeville should be a good game for the title. Both teams have good guard play and a big post (assuming one of JC's best players and starting Center plays, he did not play vs Hurley due to disciplinary reasons and actually stormed out of the gym at halftime lol).

Hurley has played well and as long as they are knocking down shots from outside they shouldnt have much problem getting through the BDD. I believe they are going to need to rebound and defend a little better to make a run at a state title but its still early. Plenty of time to improve!