Fitting

Big Orange 1

I am back home from Nashville now. I havent nor will I watch a replay of what happened last night. All I can say is that this was typical of the way the season has played out. I will say one thing about one call last night. Not the questionable sideline catch, not that half of UNC's team was on the field when the QB spiked the ball. After the spike, I dont know if they showed this on TV or not, but the Referee clearly announced that the game was over. We all know what happened next. And please, I know had we made the extra point, yada, yada, yada. Read this and form your opinion on the referee saying again over the loud speaker that the game was over.

Winning Team and Final Score

Article 3.a. The teams shall be awarded points for scoring according to rule and, unless the game is forfeited, the team having the larger score at the end of the game, including extra periods, shall be the winning team.

b. The game is ended and the score is final when the referee so declares.

So I guess if you're the coach and your team is out of timeouts and you need to stop the clock and get another play, you should run your whole team on the field, get penalized and get one more snap?

Im not terribly upset over "the rule". What upset me was that the referee stated that the game was over. According to the verbage of my original post, the contest at that point was over. I'm only gonna complain about it the rest of this year. LOL.

Im not terribly upset over "the rule". What upset me was that the referee stated that the game was over. According to the verbage of my original post, the contest at that point was over. I'm only gonna complain about it the rest of this year. LOL.

I just remember thinking "Oh no...not LSU all over again". As a Bama fan, it was impossible for me to pull for UT during the Kiffin fiasco, but I actually found myself pulling for the Vols last night. The way the game ended was heartbreaking. But the thing that made me scratch my head was the fact that on Tennessee's last possession in regulation they ran the ball up the middle 3 straight times and gave themselves no chance at running out the clock. One pass completion for a first down and "game over". And the freshman QB was on fire. Poor play calling at the end of regulation cost Tennessee the game, and it should have never come down to the 1 second remaining field goal.

Your quarterback is going to be a great one if he can stay healthy, but the boy needs to put on some weight for sure or someone in the SEC is going to break him in half.

I'm a true Tarheel fan, I liked Tyler Bray up until last night, because he was making those gay little hand gestures every time he threw a td pass. He is gonna be a GREAT quarterback. He just needs some guidance not to act like a total douchebag every time he does something productive, you don't see Matt Ryan doing that in the NFL do you? a KSTATE player got penalized for that and it SCREWED them out of the game. But the ref's had all the authority to review the clock. There was a second left when he spiked it. and yes there were more then 11 players on the field, more like 21 hahaha. But you do know they got penalized for it, lost 5 yards on the field goal try. And don't even get me started on that BS blown late hit call before all that madness happened. If you are a Tennessee fan, and accept defeat. i'll say nothing more. But the total BS that erupted on facebook last night after they lost led me to own every single tennessee fan on my facebook page. I don't know how 6 national championships are gonna help you in today's game, but according to most tennessee fan's it some how will.

Edited by gcdevils47

It was actually a very heads up play by the QB. He is the one that saw the clock was running out and snapped the ball anyway. The coaches had nothing to do with it, that was all on the QB. It was kind of a "what's the worst that could happen?" type things.

I talked to a good friend of mine who is a referee. He said that they got everything 100% correct. I am dissapointed, but I think we have brighter days ahead. Yes, running 3 straight times when UNC had 2 time outs left, just plain dumb. I accept defeat as well as anyone, I'm a die-hard Vikings fan for God's sake. Congrats to the Heels, I cant say too much about our friends to the south, as I do alot of business in NC. Just about the way the way I thought the season would pan out, I thought 7-5 and a bowl, so I was close. Next year, I think a little better, being realistic I would say 8-4 is very possible but 7-5 probably more like it as road trips to Fla, Ala, and Ark are looming. ANYWAY.....everybody have a Blessed, Happy, Safe, New Year.

I talked to a good friend of mine who is a referee. He said that they got everything 100% correct. I am dissapointed, but I think we have brighter days ahead. Yes, running 3 straight times when UNC had 2 time outs left, just plain dumb. I accept defeat as well as anyone, I'm a die-hard Vikings fan for God's sake. Congrats to the Heels, I cant say too much about our friends to the south, as I do alot of business in NC. Just about the way the way I thought the season would pan out, I thought 7-5 and a bowl, so I was close. Next year, I think a little better, being realistic I would say 8-4 is very possible but 7-5 probably more like it as road trips to Fla, Ala, and Ark are looming. ANYWAY.....everybody have a Blessed, Happy, Safe, New Year.

you are the only classy vol fan apparently. you too, i'd say in 2 years you all will have a great team. I think your in the market for a new running back. haha

you are the only classy vol fan apparently. you too, i'd say in 2 years you all will have a great team. I think your in the market for a new running back. haha

Thanks, but they're are plenty more good UT fans and like everybody else, some real a&^holes. Not having Oku in the backfield really hurt, and basically an all freshman O-Line, makes it tough to run. I too think the 2012 season could be good, but who knows, injuries, suspensions, etc. I'll stick with 'em, I always have.

By the way congrats on the Blue Devils State Championship, I was walking behind one of your lettermen leaving the stadium last night sporting his GC lettermans jacket.

As I try to get over last nights game, Tony Barnhardt and Spencer Tillman are really ragging the officiating crew at the MCB. The long pass was not a catch, thats the first time I've seen that up close. The spearing call was legitimate. The 5 yard penalty should have been 15 for illegal participation, which would have made it a 49 yard field goal. Uggggggggghhhhhh. Still accepting defeat.

Thanks, but they're are plenty more good UT fans and like everybody else, some real a&^holes. Not having Oku in the backfield really hurt, and basically an all freshman O-Line, makes it tough to run. I too think the 2012 season could be good, but who knows, injuries, suspensions, etc. I'll stick with 'em, I always have.

By the way congrats on the Blue Devils State Championship, I was walking behind one of your lettermen leaving the stadium last night sporting his GC lettermans jacket.

As I try to get over last nights game, Tony Barnhardt and Spencer Tillman are really ragging the officiating crew at the MCB. The long pass was not a catch, thats the first time I've seen that up close. The spearing call was legitimate. The 5 yard penalty should have been 15 for illegal participation, which would have made it a 49 yard field goal. Uggggggggghhhhhh. Still accepting defeat.

Ahh who knows what could have been. Most UT fans i know are terrible terrible sore losers. and they have some real thuggish players on the team. Which makes me strongly dislike them. I like Bray, but he needs to calm down on the lame celebrating. That running back that came in after Poole(poole is the worst running back i think i've ever saw) looks to be pretty quick. And thanks, it was a sweet thing to bring that championship home were it belonged.

Ahh who knows what could have been. Most UT fans i know are terrible terrible sore losers. and they have some real thuggish players on the team. Which makes me strongly dislike them. I like Bray, but he needs to calm down on the lame celebrating. That running back that came in after Poole(poole is the worst running back i think i've ever saw) looks to be pretty quick. And thanks, it was a sweet thing to bring that championship home were it belonged.

What college team you like? There are thugs just about every where.

I'm a true Tarheel fan, I liked Tyler Bray up until last night, because he was making those gay little hand gestures every time he threw a td pass. He is gonna be a GREAT quarterback. He just needs some guidance not to act like a total douchebag every time he does something productive, you don't see Matt Ryan doing that in the NFL do you? a KSTATE player got penalized for that and it SCREWED them out of the game. But the ref's had all the authority to review the clock. There was a second left when he spiked it. and yes there were more then 11 players on the field, more like 21 hahaha. But you do know they got penalized for it, lost 5 yards on the field goal try. And don't even get me started on that BS blown late hit call before all that madness happened. If you are a Tennessee fan, and accept defeat. i'll say nothing more. But the total BS that erupted on facebook last night after they lost led me to own every single tennessee fan on my facebook page. I don't know how 6 national championships are gonna help you in today's game, but according to most tennessee fan's it some how will.

Tennessee got ripped off. Plain and simple.

The rule is if you have 12 men set which UNC clearly did on the field goal/spike play. That is a 15 yard penelty. They had more running off. But they had 12 men set. That is 15 yards..... 1 screw up.

The second on the so called "catch" which wasn't a catch because he didn't controll the ball inbounds. Last time I checked you have to do that..... 2 screw ups...

The third is even after the replay rule that a "Catch". The clock should have started after the ball was placed not at the snap. It wasn't...... 3 screw ups....

The fourth was the hit by Jackson wasn't a penelty and shouldn't have been called. The is no rule in college football that includes launching. He hit the kid with his shoulder and did not lead with his head and didn't hit the reciever above the shoulders which would have been a foul by rule..... 4 screw ups....

The final screw up was the offical calling the game over. Once that happened by all acounts the game should have ended. You can't go back a replay anything after that by rule. Not my rules. The NCAA's...... 5 screw ups.....

So forgive me but I could care less if you like Tyler Bray or not. I like the kid just fine. You got the W and I have accepted that. But Tennessee got ripped off and their is no doubt about it.....

Edited by VOL61

that doesn't compare to what tennessee has been doing the past few years.

Did Dooley have a person that he pays out of his own pocket get caught writing papers for his players? Because that is what Davis had happen.....

Did an assistant coach at UT accept money from an agent so his players would later sign with that same agent? Because that is what John Blake did.....

We got thugs? There isn't a school out there that doesn't have some thugs. I think that is the Pot calling the kettle black if I have ever seen it..... Ha!

The rule is if you have 12 men set which UNC clearly did on the field goal/spike play. That is a 15 yard penelty. They had more running off. But they had 12 men set. That is 15 yards..... 1 screw up.

The second on the so called "catch" which wasn't a catch because he didn't controll the ball inbounds. Last time I checked you have to do that..... 2 screw ups...

The third is even after the replay rule that a "Catch". The clock should have started after the ball was placed not at the snap. It wasn't...... 3 screw ups....

The fourth was the hit by Jackson wasn't a penelty and shouldn't have been called. The is no rule in college football that includes launching. He hit the kid with his shoulder and did not lead with his head and didn't hit the reciever above the shoulders which would have been a foul by rule..... 4 screw ups....

The final screw up was the offical calling the game over. Once that happened by all acounts the game should have ended. You can't go back a replay anything after that by rule. Not my rules. The NCAA's...... 5 screw ups.....

So forgive me but I could care less if you like Tyler Bray or not. I like the kid just fine. You got the W and I have accepted that. But Tennessee got ripped off and their is no doubt about it.....

Yes, VOL61 I spoke way too soon. After reviewing the last drive on replay and seeing still photos, every point you make is correct. Even the worst Vol Hater if he/she is honest and watches the replay, there is no argument to any of the above points. But, VOL61, I dont know if you saw it or not but the personal foul on the tying field goal was another screw up. The UT defender was held and threw into the kicker. It was a shame, honestly I wish they would have beat us by 20, it would have been a whole lot easier to take. I'm not worried about people hating Tyler Bray, there will be a heck of alot of people hate him before its over.

I agree on one part of that, the 26+ players that were on the field was a 15 yarder. and i'm pretty sure he had control of the ball, and since he caught it. he was out of bounds? clock doesn't start. And don't the ref's have the authority to review the clocks even after they declare the game is over?

Anyway, stand where you want with it. You had all the chances in overtime. I think karma just bit you guys in the ass for all those hand gestures that Bray was making during the game. especially the last one

he has potential but he's gotta grow up

The gestures doesn't bother me at all. Football is an emotional game. I think the best players play a little angry. Some show that and some don't. Bray could be a great player. But he has a lot of work to put in before that comes. He has to take care of the football.

As far as the catch. You have to control the ball. He never controlled the ball before he hit out of bounds. The picture shows that. If they ruled it a catch they had to rule him inbounds because if they said he went out the catch wouldn't have counted. So the clock should have started on the set for play not the snap.

The rule book says when a offical calls the game over it is over. Again that isn't me saying that. That is the rule book. The offical clearly got on the mic and said the game was over. So it doesn't matter that looking at the replay would have been the right thing to do. Having a 10 second run off like the NFL would have been the right thing to do on that field goal/spike. But either you go by the rules or you make them up as you go. Which is what happened in this game.

post-7906-137723137897_thumb.jpg

The gestures doesn't bother me at all. Football is an emotional game. I think the best players play a little angry. Some show that and some don't. Bray could be a great player. But he has a lot of work to put in before that comes. He has to take care of the football.

As far as the catch. You have to control the ball. He never controlled the ball before he hit out of bounds. The picture shows that. If they ruled it a catch they had to rule him inbounds because if they said he went out the catch wouldn't have counted. So the clock should have started on the set for play not the snap.

The rule book says when a offical calls the game over it is over. Again that isn't me saying that. That is the rule book. The offical clearly got on the mic and said the game was over. So it doesn't matter that looking at the replay would have been the right thing to do. Having a 10 second run off like the NFL would have been the right thing to do on that field goal/spike. But either you go by the rules or you make them up as you go. Which is what happened in this game.

well said!!!!!!!