Rodriguez Fired at Michigan

Hell, WVU should just bring him back. Pretend this never happened.

I know im gonna regret posting this but I agree with you. Yes the way he left was about as bad as it gets but let's face facts he is a great football coach he just was not a great one at michigan. Im not saying bring him back as the head coach maybe as like OC or something the guy did great things for your program when he was there maybe there is a way they can work it out but i really doubt it I would just like to see it happen.

Hmmm...

Some reporter at the ESPN might be looking for another job if Rodriguez stays.

Question: If Rich Rod is fired, and he can somehow prove this premature story was partly responsible for his termination, could a slander lawsuit (or something similar) be a possible scenario here?

It’s official. Rich Rod fired.

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- All of the drama finally ended Wednesday in the way many thought it would conclude the day before, with the firing of Michigan football coach Rich Rodriguez.

It took a second day of meetings between Rodriguez and athletic director Dave Brandon, an unforeseen twist, to complete the divorce. But the end of Rodriguez's strange and awkward limbo will be announced officially at a 12:30 ET press conference.

Rodriguez, 47, had three years remaining on a $15 million contract. A buyout reportedly could pay him $2.5 million per season.

Michigan was 15-22 in three years under Rodriguez: 3-9 in 2008, 5-7 in 2009 and 7-6 this season. However, the Wolverines were 0-6 against top rivals Michigan State and Ohio State. They also got blown out in their final three games, including a 52-14 embarrassment against Mississippi State in the Gator Bowl, the only bowl appearance under Rodriguez.

The top candidates to replace Rodriguez include three with Michigan ties: Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh, a former Michigan quarterback; San Diego State coach Brady Hoke, a former Michigan defensive line coach; and Louisiana State coach Les Miles, a former Michigan player and offensive line coach.

Link

I would not think so did the players that left USC lose a year i do not remember?

Not ones who were already there. I may be wrong but I think incoming freshman were able to transfer without penalty since sanctions were mandated prior to their enrollment.

I might be talking out my arss though.

Not ones who were already there. I may be wrong but I think incoming freshman were able to transfer without penalty since sanctions were mandated prior to their enrollment.

I might be talking out my arss though.

You may be right what about the QB that transferd to Ole Miss this year from oregon.

If D. Robinson were to leave and follow RichRod, he would lose a year of eligibility. The USC players that trasnferred out were allowed under the NCAA sanctions. Jeremiah Mosoli who played for Oregon got to transfer to Ole Miss as a 5th year senior and enrolled in their Graduate program, they allow you 1 more year of eligibility for the Graduate program, I think he was getting his Masters in Parks and Recreation, for real,lol.

Players who transfer within Bowl schools have to sit out a year, but do not lose eligibility nor does it count as a red-shirt year. Robinson is a True Soph and would have 2 more years of eligibility left if he transferred.

Question: If Rich Rod is fired, and he can somehow prove this premature story was partly responsible for his termination, could a slander lawsuit (or something similar) be a possible scenario here?

Ramrod nailed it.

Slander is spoken. Liable is written. Truth is an absolute defense to either. No case.

That's literally on the next page of my torts review. I am not kidding, it's the next thing to put on an index card.

The way I always remembered the difference between slander and liable in law school was to associate slander with "Sanders Henderson" the old RHS football coach, Tazewell Asst. Principal, who knows where he is now. If you know the man, he talks often--some may say too much. People who talk too much are more likely to slander; thus Slander/Sanders Henderson.

The way I always remembered the difference between slander and liable in law school was to associate slander with "Sanders Henderson" the old RHS football coach, Tazewell Asst. Principal, who knows where he is now. If you know the man, he talks often--some may say too much. People who talk too much are more likely to slander; thus Slander/Sanders Henderson.

LoL, he's a ref still and a principal at Chilhowie Elementary.

He's still referred to as Slanders Henderson