You can say that again...or not...

GMan

Some reporter chick trying to give a report but was talking gobbledy-gook...sounded like aliens had invaded her body and she gave her report and honestly didn't have a clue that she didn't speak one word of coherent English.

When I first saw the video, I thought it had to be more than just nervousness and stuttering...it looked, like you said, that aliens had invaded her body. Now that we know the reason, its even more bizarre that it would happen while on camera...very scary reality for a video I originally thought was funny.

I'm thinking it had something to do with the playback delay/feedback in her earpiece that caused her to sound incoherent. I think I remember Mythbusters doing a piece on that...or maybe it was on Mancow in the Morning on the radio...or maybe even Johnboy and Billy...don't remember, but I know it was one of them.

Anyway here is a quote from what she "said"..."Well, a very heavy burtation tonight,"

That, in itself, would lead me to think that she was trying to say there was a "heavy reverbaration tonight", in an attempt to let others know that something wasn't right with the sounds she was hearing in the earpiece. When whomever (from above) did their "test" with reverb on an earpiece, the person trying to speak was just as incoherent as this lady was. If you aren't aware that that will happen, and you hear yourself speaking jibberish, it will scare you...as was apparent with her reaction by the end of the piece she was doing.

Just my uneducated $.02...

I'm thinking it had something to do with the playback delay/feedback in her earpiece that caused her to sound incoherent. I think I remember Mythbusters doing a piece on that...or maybe it was on Mancow in the Morning on the radio...or maybe even Johnboy and Billy...don't remember, but I know it was one of them.

Anyway here is a quote from what she "said"..."Well, a very heavy burtation tonight,"

That, in itself, would lead me to think that she was trying to say there was a "heavy reverbaration tonight", in an attempt to let others know that something wasn't right with the sounds she was hearing in the earpiece. When whomever (from above) did their "test" with reverb on an earpiece, the person trying to speak was just as incoherent as this lady was. If you aren't aware that that will happen, and you hear yourself speaking jibberish, it will scare you...as was apparent with her reaction by the end of the piece she was doing.

Just my uneducated $.02...

After reading some of Southbound's and Falconman's posts, I wonder sometimes if typing skills can also be adversely affected...:/...nah, that's a brain thang I'm sure.