Gate City

rebel1

I think GC will lose their 2 main RBs, but im sure they will have a couple of kids to fill in. Their QB is back, he was ok last season so they may open it up a little more on offense next season. I think they lose several defensive players but again im sure they have some more good players to fill in

THey are losing 2 but they have a heck of a back up too! I hope to see them do very well this year too!

I think GC will lose their 2 main RBs, but im sure they will have a couple of kids to fill in. Their QB is back, he was ok last season so they may open it up a little more on offense next season. I think they lose several defensive players but again im sure they have some more good players to fill in

I can help you with that...GC has the following starters coming back:

2 Tyler Bird (DB)

4 Michael Collier (SE)

10 Nick Bowen (QB)

25 Derick Miller (DE, TE)

30 Micah Bledsoe (LB)

34 Seaver Elliott (LB)

42 Montana Morris (DB)

55 Austin Reed ©

62 Peyton Sivert (LB)

65 Jay Howington (DT)

70 Daniel McMurray (OL)

73 Cody Vaughn (OL)

77 Jared Carter (DT)

No doubt losing Vaughn, Dusty & Seth Clark, and the rest are huge, but we have a fairly solid nucleus to build on...Cory Franklin and Seaver Elliott will probably take Dusty's and Joseph's spot...We should be ok...Under the old setup, I think we would probably host the substate with an opportunity to return to Salem...However, given the seedings and , given our brutal schedule, we will probably have to play one of the Region A or B powers at their place, and get knocked out early...

Do you think GC will have the talent to be pretty varied in their attack like this year(2 main ball carriers w/ 2 others contributiting) or more of a 1-2 back oriented offense? Seems like when they can pack it in tight and use 2-3 backs they are hard to stop, I cant imagine trying to stop a offense that regularly uses 4 backs!

GC's offensive line was the key to beating Gretna and Radford, and several of those boys are back...We only punted one time during the playoffs, against Honaker, in the Regional championship...The QB was a sophomore with no previous experience, who threw two touchdown passes in the championship game...He's got a strong arm, is very accurate and can run...He reminds alot of us of Isaiah Spivey...That's the reason I believe Houseright will open up the offense somewhat...But when push comes to shove, no one doubts that the Devils will probably line up in a tight T and try to run it down their opponents' throats.

• 5 months later...