yep... we have a lockout

VHSLhelper

My question is if the NFLPA is no longer a Union in order to issue a lawsuit at the NFL owners, couldn't players walk over the line and still play since they are no longer part of a union if the owners allowed them too?

Would the NFL owners get replacement players like in '87?

My question is if the NFLPA is no longer a Union in order to issue a lawsuit at the NFL owners, couldn't players walk over the line and still play since they are no longer part of a union if the owners allowed them too?

Would the NFL owners get replacement players like in '87?

This can and will happen if it goes that far. The owners biggest fear is that the judge will declare the NFL a Trust and take action to break it, including the opening of the books to the players.

Yes greed is a terrible thing. The owners in their desire to make a few more buck could kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

That is true, technically there cannot be a lockout if there is no union. This move was made by the players solely on the fact that they can make individual law suits against the NFL and still play football. The players still want to play.

Can someone please give me a rundown of what all happened in '87? I've been hearing a lot about it, people saying next season could end up like it, but I was born in '88, so I don't know anything about it. Just seems kinda weird to me that there could be replacement players or no season or whatever.

Guest The Variable
This can and will happen if it goes that far. The owners biggest fear is that the judge will declare the NFL a Trust and take action to break it, including the opening of the books to the players.

Yes greed is a terrible thing. The owners in their desire to make a few more buck could kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

I have been hoping for the downfall of the NFL as an organization for some time. I love football, but I find the control they have over football to be exactly what you say: Trusts. I just wish the UFL would get its head out of its *** and figure out how to run a successful sports league.