Second Choice Gets PH Job

cavdaddy

According to sources,

Mark Palmer will be the new coach for Patrick Henry. I spoke to several folks this weekend at the state tournament (including a school official) who confirmed this. Word is they wanted Grayson County's own Mcpherson and actually offered him the job, but he declined to take the job (guess he came to his senses). I think this is a good hire for Holston because we tend to beat Palmer teams pretty easy, heck, we tend to beat PH every year anymore. Best wishes, stay tuned for my Battle update, been working the phones today.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to sources,

Mark Palmer will be the new coach for Patrick Henry. I spoke to several folks this weekend at the state tournament (including a school official) who confirmed this. Word is they wanted Grayson County's own Mcpherson and actually offered him the job, but he declined to take the job (guess he came to his senses). I think this is a good hire for Holston because we tend to beat Palmer teams pretty easy, heck, we tend to beat PH every year anymore. Best wishes, stay tuned for my Battle update, been working the phones today.

Not what I heard. Heard that they passed up Mcpherson. Heard Mcpherson was mad. Sour grapes I guess.

And as far as beating "Palmer" teams, that is hilarious and idiotic at the same time. Everybody loves to brag about beating St. Paul with 150 kids in their high school. We will see what happens when he has more kids to draw from.

Holston has had a good run of athletes. The down cycle is coming, if not here already. ;)

Not what I heard. Heard that they passed up Mcpherson. Heard Mcpherson was mad. Sour grapes I guess.

And as far as beating "Palmer" teams, that is hilarious and idiotic at the same time. Everybody loves to brag about beating St. Paul with 150 kids in their high school. We will see what happens when he has more kids to draw from.

Holston has had a good run of athletes. The down cycle is coming, if not here already. ;)

No Sir, I'm sorry to inform you but you were their second choice. They offered the job to Mcpherson and he declined; you can believe what you want, but that came from the "decision makers."

I have to disagree with you again, Holston has a strong freshmen class. We will be fine with those rising sophomores.

No Sir, I'm sorry to inform you but you were their second choice. They offered the job to Mcpherson and he declined; you can believe what you want, but that came from the "decision makers."

Well why would Mcpherson tell everybody he didn't get it then?

I have to disagree with you again, Holston has a strong freshmen class. We will be fine with those rising sophomores.

A wise coach, much wiser than you and not just a ref, once told me you can just about count on one loss for each freshman you start. And you think you are gonna be good with sophomores? At Holston? OK.

And finally, I'm not palmer. I know him and talk to him and he doesn't post on here or even read it. I have coached and know enough about all this to know that either you are lying, Mcpherson is lying, or the "decision makers" aren't being very professional if they are telling who they hire and don't hire even before the board has had a chance to vote on it. And you are even worse for starting all this, just to make jabs at mark. And you are supposed to be impartial as a ref. what a shame.

And finally, I'm not palmer. I know him and talk to him and he doesn't post on here or even read it. I have coached and know enough about all this to know that either you are lying, Mcpherson is lying, or the "decision makers" aren't being very professional if they are telling who they hire and don't hire even before the board has had a chance to vote on it. And you are even worse for starting all this, just to make jabs at mark. And you are supposed to be impartial as a ref. what a shame.

Really man...its not that big of a deal. I do not know this guy..he may the 2nd coming of Lombardi, but I will be willing to bet that, within 3-5 years, they will be looking for his replacement. Why????? Cause PH is the "black hole" of coaching.

Really man...its not that big of a deal. I do not know this guy..he may the 2nd coming of Lombardi, but I will be willing to bet that, within 3-5 years, they will be looking for his replacement. Why????? Cause PH is the "black hole" of coaching.

People can have their opinions, I don't care if they like mark or not. I am just saying that this fool needs to quit spreading rumors to make himself feel good about "knowing" something no one else does. There have been two posts on here about who has the PH job. They may both be wrong, but why post that you "know" who has it so you can put that coach down? Probably because either Cavdaddy is Mcpherson and ate some sour grapes, or it's who I think it is and he is just a big cry baby and bad ref.

You are what you are Jonah. I am what I am. I call them like I see them. I see this as choice number 2 because of the knowledge from the powers that be. Have nice day.

I am sure the "powers that be" that may have told you something (which I believe you are lying) really intended for you to run your little legs like a school girl with a new boyfirend over to the nearest computer and gossip all over yourself. Ah - it's just a reflection of your character. You can't really help it if you are an untrustworthy individual. Have a nicer day.

I really dont see as how it matters if Palmer was the 1st of the 10th choice, he is a D@MN good coach and is an excellent choice for PH. PH will probably run a multiple I formation offense w/ basic blocking schemes and throw the ball around a little. Expect good things

and before anything is said I do not know Palmer and have never met the man

We know that you all over there in Damascus are world beaters in basketball too. Give it a rest "Crydaddy"!

I wish you luck @ PH. They need all the help they can get. Lets just say they struggle in all boy sports including basketball.