Second Choice Gets PH Job

cavdaddy

You could take a taco poop for a team and be "competitive" in the Cumblerland district by far the worst district in organized sports...... It's no wonder Twin Springs gets a great seed in the Region in basketabll every year they get 10 wins of sister of the blind.

Castlewood beat Malibu Mark Palmer....., He beat Ervinton and Twin Springs

Atleast he has a reason to wear the baby blue now!

I hope he runs triple reverse passes out there and see how that pans out for him....

Who is going to get the St. Paul job, providing that there's a St. Paul high School next year..... or are the St. Paul coaches and kids going to go to Castlewood like the basketball players.... played them in AAU you it was the "CastlePaul" or St. Wood all star team

Would Savage Seth Padgett get the job? He's been there a former standout, and knows his x's and o's.......

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could take a taco poop for a team and be "competitive" in the Cumblerland district by far the worst district in organized sports...... It's no wonder Twin Springs gets a great seed in the Region in basketabll every year they get 10 wins of sister of the blind.

Castlewood beat Malibu Mark Palmer....., He beat Ervinton and Twin Springs

Atleast he has a reason to wear the baby blue now!

I hope he runs triple reverse passes out there and see how that pans out for him....

Who is going to get the St. Paul job, providing that there's a St. Paul high School next year..... or are the St. Paul coaches and kids going to go to Castlewood like the basketball players.... played them in AAU you it was the "CastlePaul" or St. Wood all star team

Would Savage Seth Padgett get the job? He's been there a former standout, and knows his x's and o's.......

Looks like you know what it takes to win in the cumberland district. What a shame. Oh well. Too bad you can't take that knowledge and figure out how to win a Black Diamond district game. Heck, we would even take a win over a west virginia or a kentucky team.

TV had one good season. They could have been pretty good but their talent was misused IMO. Their backup RB could literally play any position on the field and he only came in on Offense to spell Coleman. They had no passing game and no other running threat but Coleman and JC would have been a fine QB. Would have gave them a passing threat and another running threat.

TV had one good season. They could have been pretty good but their talent was misused IMO. Their backup RB could literally play any position on the field and he only came in on Offense to spell Coleman. They had no passing game and no other running threat but Coleman and JC would have been a fine QB. Would have gave them a passing threat and another running threat.

They have always had some really big kids there. Especially that one year, maybe 06, when they had that baldwin kid playing de. 6'7". Looked like his arms were six feet long lol

It seems like they only have 1 quality back, but they do have some size. I really think they need a coach who knows something about offense, the ones they have had seem to either run schemes that dont match their talent or oversimplify things. I dont think TV has and a team since their first capeable of beating Haysi or Honaker but they have had some that could beat Hurley and should have finished w/ better records than they did. The potiental is their, but then again I am an optimist.

The Baldwin kid played TE too, I dont think they really tried to throw to him. Imagine covering a 6'7" TE on a quick seam pass!

It seems like they only have 1 quality back, but they do have some size. I really think they need a coach who knows something about offense, the ones they have had seem to either run schemes that dont match their talent or oversimplify things. I dont think TV has and a team since their first capeable of beating Haysi or Honaker but they have had some that could beat Hurley and should have finished w/ better records than they did. The potiental is their, but then again I am an optimist.

The Baldwin kid played TE too, I dont think they really tried to throw to him. Imagine covering a 6'7" TE on a quick seam pass!

I remember watching a game TV's first or second year when they had Haysi on the ropes and haysi eventually came out with a 23-22 win or something like that.

If Palmer is the coach of Patrick Henry, I Patrick Wade will pay his teams entry fee to come and get in the Twin Valley Jamboree. St. Paul couldn't hold a light to Haysi, Honaker, Grundy, or Hurley......

B.I. had some great teams @ St. Paul Seth Padgett, Daniel Davis, Adam Wright, James Hensley, Jonathan Kirk. Garden beat them in 2000 the year they beat Rye Cove to go on and play Pound in the Region D Finals and get destroyed. Last time St. Paul was relevant in football.

They beat TV in the playoffs in 2001, I think they won the Cumberland in 2000 and 2001 but that was Pre-Palmer I'm about positive I don't have 2002 or 2003 if someone wants to add in go ahead. But unless Patrick Henry can get in the Cumberland looks like it'll just be them beating Holston.

St. Paul 04-05 2-8 ( Ervinton, TW)

St. Paul 05-06 2-8 ( TW, Ervinton)

St. Paul 06-07 5-5(Ervintion, TS, TV, Coeburn, TW)

St. Paul 07-08 8-3 ( TV, Ervinton, TS, C-wood, Big Creek, Coeburn, RC,TW)

St. Paul 08-09 2-8 ( TV, Ervinton)

St. Paul 09-10 6-4 (Rye Cove, Coeburn, TV, Castlewood, TS, Ervinton)

St. Paul 10-11 4-6 (Holston Ervinton TV and Twin Spring)

29-42 ( 8 out of District Wins Big Creek, TV x 5, Coeburn, and Holston

TV, Ervinton have had 20 or less players for about 5 years now. Talking about truly Ironman football on every team defense, offense, all specail teams, one injury 5 postions out)

Edited by eastboundanddown

If Palmer is the coach of Patrick Henry, I will pay his teams entry fee to come and get in the Twin Valley Jamboree. St. Paul couldn't hold a light to Haysi, Honaker, Grundy, or Hurley......

B.I. had some great teams @ St. Paul Seth Padgett, Daniel Davis, Adam Wright, James Hensley, Jonathan Kirk. Garden beat them in 2000 the year they beat Rye Cove to go on and play Pound in the Region D Finals and get destroyed. Last time St. Paul was relevant in football.

They beat TV in the playoffs in 2001, I think they won the Cumberland in 2000 and 2001 but that was Pre-Palmer I'm about positive I don't have 2002 or 2003 if someone wants to add in go ahead. But unless Patrick Henry can get in the Cumberland looks like it'll just be them beating Holston.

St. Paul 04-05 2-8 ( Ervinton, TW)

St. Paul 05-06 2-8 ( TW, Ervinton)

St. Paul 06-07 5-5(Ervintion, TS, TV, Coeburn, TW)

St. Paul 07-08 8-3 ( TV, Ervinton, TS, C-wood, Big Creek, Coeburn, RC,TW)

St. Paul 08-09 2-8 ( TV, Ervinton)

St. Paul 09-10 6-4 (Rye Cove, Coeburn, TV, Castlewood, TS, Ervinton)

St. Paul 10-11 4-6 (Holston Ervinton TV and Twin Spring)

29-42 ( 8 out of District Wins Big Creek, TV x 5, Coeburn, and Holston

TV, Ervinton have had 20 or less players for about 5 years now. Talking about truly Ironman football on every team defense, offense, all specail teams, one injury 5 postions out)

Impressive stats. You know a whole lot about Mark Palmer and what he has done. Only thing you FAIL to see is that ALL of those wins are against schools and teams that are LARGER than St Paul. And you don't think that St. Paul has had trouble fielding teams? All things considered, I would take 29-42 with a couple of playoff apperances rather than 1-29 with that one win coming against a WEAK Montcalm team. I'm just sayin . . .

Also, let's compare that with another coach, oh let's just pick BI Salyers. Respected and revered. What has been his records in the SAME time span?

JJ Kelly 04 0-10

05 1-9

06 4-6

07 5-5

08 7-4

09 8-3

10 7-3

32-40 hmmmmm. Not a huge difference there, huh?

If Palmer is the coach of Patrick Henry, I will pay his teams entry fee to come and get in the Twin Valley Jamboree. St. Paul couldn't hold a light to Haysi, Honaker, Grundy, or Hurley......

And if Palmer is the PH coach, why does it matter how St. Paul would fair against those teams you listed? You don't make sense there coach.

Impressive stats. You know a whole lot about Mark Palmer and what he has done. Only thing you FAIL to see is that ALL of those wins are against schools and teams that are LARGER than St Paul. And you don't think that St. Paul has had trouble fielding teams? All things considered, I would take 29-42 with a couple of playoff apperances rather than 1-29 with that one win coming against a WEAK Montcalm team. I'm just sayin . . .

Also, let's compare that with another coach, oh let's just pick BI Salyers. Respected and revered. What has been his records in the SAME time span?

JJ Kelly 04 0-10

05 1-9

06 4-6

07 5-5

08 7-4

09 8-3

10 7-3

32-40 hmmmmm. Not a huge difference there, huh?

I think the difference is they play Powell Valley, Appalachia, JI Burton, Lee High, Pound, only almost every single one of your play off teams haha. I don't know alot I can read max preps as well as the next person haha.

I think the difference is they play Powell Valley, Appalachia, JI Burton, Lee High, Pound, only almost every single one of your play off teams haha. I don't know alot I can read max preps as well as the next person haha.

Well if you think that is the only difference you are a fool. How about they are 3 times the size of St. Paul, AND since you are on maxpreps check out the fact that St. Paul non district schedule has also included JI Burton, Appy and Holston. Also Patrick Henry when they were decent AND Clintwood for a few years. So get your stats going again and come back with something that has some meat to it. No, wait, nevermind. Don't go and hurt yourself with all that thinkin' your doin.

Eastbound some reason you keep mentioning a triple pass what does that mean? When BI was here with those teams he beat ERvinton 71-8, Hurley 52-6, Twin Springs 66-0 and Thomas Walker 70-18 those players where playing on that team I believe. So what is your problem? I would think a team that good running the score up is not anything to be proud of. I give you credit for mentioning your name but who are you and what do you do?

I played in that gave vs TV (great game by the way), it was '02 and Britt Coleman was a brute, hard to stop and we werent ready for him.

St. Pauls fields about as many players as TV or anyother small school in SWVA and have been more successful than most, IMO proof of Palmers coaching ability.

With some work and a little time PH can be competitive in the HOGO, Wythe and Chilhowie are pretty good but Holston, Northwood and Rural Retreat are well within reach. 7-3 most seasons is an achieveable goal w/ an up or down season occasionally

I played in that gave vs TV (great game by the way), it was '02 and Britt Coleman was a brute, hard to stop and we werent ready for him.

St. Pauls fields about as many players as TV or anyother small school in SWVA and have been more successful than most, IMO proof of Palmers coaching ability.

With some work and a little time PH can be competitive in the HOGO, Wythe and Chilhowie are pretty good but Holston, Northwood and Rural Retreat are well within reach. 7-3 most seasons is an achieveable goal w/ an up or down season occasionally

Yeah seems like he was #22 or something but was a great back. People on this board need to take note: Redtiger played for one of the best coaches in the area James Colley. He recognizes good coaching.

Like him personally or not, Mark Palmer is a good coach. Plain and simple. You can't do what he has done at the two smallest football playing schools in Virginia if you are not a good coach.

The struggles of a small school football program, especially in areas like st. paul, ervinton, oakwood, northwood, clinchport, etc. where the kids are so spread out and rural are very difficult to overcome.

Jonah I've forgot more about sports than you know. You couldn't coach a team if our liberty was at stake. You are known as a yeller, you think if you raise your voice, your coaching good, well the whistle is blowing and the penalty flag is thrown on your career. Your washed up

Jonah I've forgot more about sports than you know. You couldn't coach a team if our liberty was at stake. You are known as a yeller, you think if you raise your voice, your coaching good, well the whistle is blowing and the penalty flag is thrown on your career. Your washed up

I couldn't coach a team if our liberty was at stake? That's an awesome analogy man. Hurt my feelings real bad. I don't know if I will ever be able to face another day.

You think you know me, you don't. Sorry.

I know you Jonah, so you might want to keep your comments to yourself because it might come back to bite you.

That's not hypocritical is it? You come on here busting everyone's stones and bad mouthing whoever you want and when someone starts giving it back to you the whining and threats start. I don't care who you know or who you think you know or what you think you know.

You started this thread. And guess what? I have just as much right to make my "comments" as you do.

Last thing, if defending my friend from unfounded and untoward comments comes back to "bite me" then so be it. But I doubt that will happen because everyone that knows you also knows that you live in your own little world. Still want to be a space cadet? Couldn't get into coaching so you became a ref?

You know the old saying "those who can - coach. Those who can't - become refs."

That's not hypocritical is it? You come on here busting everyone's stones and bad mouthing whoever you want and when someone starts giving it back to you the whining and threats start. I don't care who you know or who you think you know or what you think you know.

You started this thread. And guess what? I have just as much right to make my "comments" as you do.

Last thing, if defending my friend from unfounded and untoward comments comes back to "bite me" then so be it. But I doubt that will happen because everyone that knows you also knows that you live in your own little world. Still want to be a space cadet? Couldn't get into coaching so you became a ref?

You know the old saying "those who can - coach. Those who can't - become refs."

I can do both! You better hope I don't call your game.

I can do both! You better hope I don't call your game.

Wow. I wonder what the officials association you might belong to would think about you threatening someone with throwing a game. Very professional. Hmmmmm . . . wonder what would happen to you. Guess maybe we will find out. Make some phone calls.

Wow. I wonder what the officials association you might belong to would think about you threatening someone with throwing a game. Very professional. Hmmmmm . . . wonder what would happen to you. Guess maybe we will find out. Make some phone calls.

Cool. They said go ahead and print that off. So I did before you could go back and edit it. Sorry dude. They are always looking for crunch bunch refs. . . . but I don't know if they would even take a ref down there that is known for throwing games. Oh well. Sometimes our words "come back and bite us"

Edited by jonah58