For those interested in Bluefield Beaver game films go to...

Beavers

http://www.mygamefilms.com. They have a bunch of games that have been converted to dvd including the 1959, 1962, 1975 state championship etc... And yes you can even purchase the 2004 Weir game. The site lets you watch about 3 min of the game for a preview. There are still a lot of games that need to be added, but there is enough there now to grab your attention. I think there is around 203 games right now with more to be added. Some have the wrong title, but I am working with the guy to correct it. So go check it out!

Thanks for sharing this Beavers! Great site! I love any videos or audios of any of the Bluefield Beaver games that I can find. I would love to find a copy of the audio radio broadcast of that 2004 Weir game somewhere to have with the dvd copy of the game that I do have.

Man, just watched the '97 season highlights. Hilarious when Amaker turns around and waves to the defender and then jets to the endzone.[/quote

That was the game against Poca. I was at that game and that is one of the Beaver plays of all time that stand out for me. Good stuff!

• 4 weeks later...

the mention of Amaker waving at the defender reminds me of a play with Hugh Smalls during the '84 Beaver - Graham (I think that was the year). I was 10, but I remember Hugh hitting the corner, and taking it like 80 yards for a TD. he was looking back, and it was very obvious from the stands (even to a 10 year old) that he was doing something to the guy chasing him... my brother was either on the sidelines of that game, or knew some people in the game. he told me he was sticking his tongue out and laughing at the guy the whole way.

I just signed up, and watched my years... that's great to watch. I had a great defensive game against Woodrow Wilson that year. their pulling guard was SO SLOW, and I would beat him into the backfield every single time.

1975...Graham vs. Bluefield...watch current Bluefield Basketball Head Coach, Buster Large, run for his life and in the process throw multiple INTs...

I think my oldest brother was a freshman that year....I'd like to see either 78 or 79 game against Bluefield, I was little...but I remember Graham beating Bluefield pretty soundly that year...my bro had a good game.