Clinch Mountain District/Region D final regular season standings

ThomasDenton

This is all from the CMD forum. There are some games missing, but I think the standings are pretty much set.

Boys:

Gate City 10-0, 14-0

John Battle 7-2-1, 10-3-1

Virginia 3-3-3, 3-7-3

Lee 2-7-1, 2-10-1

Honaker 1-5-1, 2-7-1

Lebanon 1-7, 2-9

Girls:

Gate City 10-0, 14-1

John Battle 6-2, 6-5

Virginia 5-5, 7-6

Honaker 3-4, 4-5-1

Lee 2-8, 3-9

Lebanon 1-7, 1-9

I think the CMD district tournament will be played at Sugar Hollow Park (for boys and girls) next week, Tuesday May 31-Thursday June 2. I don't know how the region d tournament would work since there's only one district. Could be that the two teams going to state (regular season champs and district tournament champs/second place) might play a game to see who gets the number one and two seeds going to state. Anyone know how if this is right? I keep forgetting what they do at this point every year, lol.

Someone said on the CMD forum that they think the regular season district champs get the #1 seed going into state and the district tourney champs or runners-up get the #2 seed and there wouldn't be any games played for region d.

The district tourney and region are one in the same since there's only one district. This week is the usual for region tournaments, next week is the state tournament.

Did the best I could with the standings. I'm thinking I read that Lee is the 5th seed on both sides, so I assume Honaker (boys) probably won a couple or so of the games that were missing for them and obviously GC is the top seed, Battle should be the #2.

Edited by Beamerball