Jeremy Ward named new coach at Grundy

Lance

Your thoughts?

Offensive/Defensive approach?

probably more basic than years past...more run.

Jeremy played at Grundy and is a good guy, he will make a good coach and the kids will like him...parents will like him also I think...very good hire at this point given the circumstances and time frame...will have to see how it goes, but I think he will do a good job...just hope that everyone gives him some room and space to grow over the next few years...Grundy lost a lot this year and with all the changes and transition, it's probably not going to be a 10 win season....hell for now they still need two more games.

I know this isint how many in Grundy would want it but this season will really be a fresh start for the program.

Still multiple formation or is he a system guy?

have to wait and see...Bostic who was under Plymal will take over the O...so I doubt much will change, just wont be as complex...probably a dumbed down version of last years O...for now anyway. Play calling will be the big change...I bet Ward will call a more traditional game on both sides of the ball.

That would probably be a good thing. Grundy seemed to become more focused last season on offense as the season went on, from what I saw(schrimmage - Haysi game).

Im so D@#^ excited! Its almost football season!

TV Jamboree Aug 13th and then the annual Teaco Bowl the next week with the East Ridge bunch....not sure who is involved this year...last year it was Hurley, ER, Grundy, and Pikeville.

I wish Jeremy and Scotty luck the guy's love football and to me seems to really like being around the kids. My kid played at Grundy and Hurley and people of both communities need to know that it takes a lot time and effort for these Coaches to have any success because there just isn't that deep well of kids to draw from. When your passionate about the game it's easy to get mad and it's always a reff or a coach that anger seems to be leveld at and I'll admit I've been the worst at that at times I imagine. I love the game and the kids on both side of the mountain and I hope they all do well. Coach Plymal turned my kid into a beast in the weight room and is a hell of a good guy, Coach Compton is old school and has forgot more football than most will ever know and I respect the hell out of him. A lot of people may not agree and a lot have wanted a change but as the old Chinese proverb goes "Careful what you wish for you may just get it" well you got it and only time will tell. My hats off to all the Coaches in the County for the time and effort they put in, it's a thankless job that doesen't pay enough for the crap they have to deal with from over zealous fans and parents that being said you know they love the game and the kids to deal with all of that and keep on going.

the annual Teaco Bowl the next week with the East Ridge bunch....not sure who is involved this year...last year it was Hurley, ER, Grundy, and Pikeville.

Haysi and Burch(I believe) were there also. I hope Haysi is there again(IDK). I didnt really like the format(I would rather each team play 2 teams instead of 1) but the competition was pretty good, Haysi was outmatched and Hurley was alot better than Burch.

Maybe two 8 minute quarters against each team jmo

Edited by redtiger

Haysi and Burch(I believe) were there also. I hope Haysi is there again(IDK). I didnt really like the format(I would rather each team play 2 teams instead of 1) but the competition was pretty good, Haysi was outmatched and Hurley was alot better than Burch.

Maybe two 8 minute quarters against each team jmo

I HATE the Teaco format...i'd like to see it change or see Grundy go to another game.