Chip West v. Shane Beamer

You can't make a true comparison unless the 757 is the "main" recruiting region for both of them...pretty sure the 757 is not Shane's territory to recruit for VT...

BTW, who/what the hell is 247sports??? Never heard of it until I read that...just another 'Hoo rag, I guess...

Bryan Stinespring recruits the 757 area. One of the reason Michael O'Cain took over playing calling/game planning, to free up Stinespring on friday nights. He could attend high school games in that area.

Yep, I was just about to say. The whole reason I'm okay with Stinespring even being on the staff is that he has a good recruiting reputation in the 757. Though, in the future, at the rate Shaney-B is going, I wouldn't mind a regional switcharooski if you know what I mean...

You can't make a true comparison unless the 757 is the "main" recruiting region for both of them...pretty sure the 757 is not Shane's territory to recruit for VT...

BTW, who/what the hell is 247sports??? Never heard of it until I read that...just another 'Hoo rag, I guess...

LOL, "just another 'Hoo Rag"? I didn't even know there was one outside TheSabre. Considering that the Hokies pretty much dominate the Virginia media outside Charlottesville, I think you're best advised to stop calling the kettle black.

Shane Beamer is your strongest recruiter. Chip West is our strongest recruiter. It's a perfectly legitimate, valid, 1:1 comparison.

247 sports is a fairly new family of websites to compete with Rivals and others.

http://247sports.com/

The have 247 sites for most of the big name football schools including VT

http://virginiatech.247sports.com/Recruit/Commits/2012/Football

I didn't check these facts before I say this, but it always seems like UVA puts together pretty solid recruiting classes. The only problem is that it doesn't translate to wins on Saturday. So really, who cares who gets better recruits if it doesn't help you get wins? We'll have this discussion when UVA gets competitive again (which I hope is soon).

As far as services go, 247sports is probably doing the best job of the major services like Rivals and Scout. Both have lost some of their best people to 247sports in the last couple of years.