GHS/BHS tailgate?

frito gonzales

Any word on what the tailgating restrictions are this year, or are there any?? Do you have to reserve a spot again in the designated area?

They need to at least expand the area if they do decide to restrict it again this year. Although the senior crews from both schools just ate out of the backs of trucks last year and, since we weren't actually setting up a tent and cooking, they really couldn't say much to us.

I would think if they were going to put restrictions on it again this year it would be in the paper already. We are planning a class reunion tailgate and it would be nice to know these things in advance.

That would be nice but, realistically, this is Bluefield. Nothing is EVER done logically here. :)

Other than blocking off part of the parking lot, they really did not enforce any restrictions last year. Everyone set up tents and consumed adult beverages just like every other year. As long as your in the blocked off area you should be good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Cole Chevy is sponsoring the tailgate area this year...heard they will be there with their big grille cooking out taking donations for the union mission. Article was in the paper i think Friday.

I still think they should use the Bowen Field parking lot and the grassy area between the Bowen field lot and the stadium lot....

I asked Merriman that last year and it wasn't an option. Town of Blfd leaders are horrible. The traffic was no better last year and making the elderly walk further is a great idea :(