pretty cool take on things....

Lance

I rather like this. Darcy is one of the exceedingly few college students who seems to have a finger on the pulse of how the real world works and how it should work.

i figured you would get a kick out of that...pretty sharp guy there.

maybe he will do a follow up on these students in a few years after they graduate and if things are still the way they are ask them then if they want to give their money that they worked hard for to those that do not want to work. would love to see their answer to this question.

maybe he will do a follow up on these students in a few years after they graduate and if things are still the way they are ask them then if they want to give their money that they worked hard for to those that do not want to work. would love to see their answer to this question.

well the whole point was to drive home that if it was GPA, something students who have work hard for, and not money...which most dont have a clue about yet...and I think he did that? so not sure exactly what you mean? Did you actually read the article?

"He said many students on college campuses support high taxes on the rich, but when put into relative terms, cringed at the thought of spreading around their academic wealth.

well the whole point was to drive home that if it was GPA, something students who have work hard for, and not money...which most dont have a clue about yet...and I think he did that? so not sure exactly what you mean? Did you actually read the article?

"He said many students on college campuses support high taxes on the rich, but when put into relative terms, cringed at the thought of spreading around their academic wealth.

yes i read the article and it was stated by fox that it would be something to follow up with these students when they have jobs and see how they feel about higher taxes on their money going to those who do not work and have wealth redistributed to them .he tried to relate the sharing their gpa which they earned to those who make a lot of money not wanting to pay higher taxes to be given to those who do not want to work or earn a living.

yeah...most of them didn't care much for the idea though lol.

no they dont care much for it because right now it does not affect them some would probably be benifiting from the redistribution of wealth anyways. but wait till they have the high paying jobs and lets see then how they feel about gov. taking more of their money.

• 2 weeks later...
no they dont care much for it because right now it does not affect them some would probably be benifiting from the redistribution of wealth anyways. but wait till they have the high paying jobs and lets see then how they feel about gov. taking more of their money.

Well said 73. This is precisely the point at which the "redistribution" theories collapses on themselves. If people received money (or Grade Points) for doing nothing, why work at all. Why produce anything.