Gate City @ Richlands

Nadoball

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game GC ! Good clean hard hitting game by both sides !

Hope you guys go on and have a year just like you had last year !

I hope Devon is back soon also. Just hate to see a kid work so hard for an upcoming season and then go down in the 1st qtr of the first game !

Good luck with the rest of your season GC !

Congratulations on the win...Richlands' coach should be credited for 10 points for his gutsy call on 4th and 17 to set up their third score and for setting up the free kick for the field goal to make it 24-7 just before the half...I also thought QB Strong played extremely well escaping pressure on the first drive to pick a crucial first down on 4th and 11...Strong scrambled away several times during the night to get get big first downs to keep drives alive.

Congratulations on the win...Richlands' coach should be credited for 10 points for his gutsy call on 4th and 17 to set up their third score and for setting up the free kick for the field goal to make it 24-7 just before the half...I also thought QB Strong played extremely well escaping pressure on the first drive to pick a crucial first down on 4th and 11...Strong scrambled away several times during the night to get get big first downs to keep drives alive.

Thanks man, coach Mance and the rest of our staff is why the Blues are the program they are now ! They do a heck of a job with those kids and Mance is not afraid to let the kids play the game. He lets Reese and the other QB's that have played for him audible at the line and puts a lot of trust in them.

Reese is a very smart QB. He may not be the biggest and may not have the strongest arm, but will usually limit the mistakes and turnovers and get the ball where it needs to be. He is like having a coach on the field. I think the blues will be in good hands with Reese.

Good job Richlands, beating a very good Gate City team. I would've loved to see the fair catch and free kick, that is awesome. Anyway, I hope you guys make another run and represent this area well.. I think Gate City has potential to go pretty far as well. GW and Galax are looking pretty stout in Southwest Virginia, as well....

SWVA could potentially represent pretty well this year.