Swva football 2011

UNIONFAN

From what I have been seeing and reading this season, it looks to me like Finally SWVa football is back to being competitive in every aspect. Im speaking about region wide but I know mainly about lower SWVA (lpd and cmd mainly). Look at John Battle winning over what was said to be a CMD front runner in Va High and Lee looks damn good too. Union is proving to be one hard nosed team with no give up in em at all. Burton is Burton, love em or hate em they are good. Clintwood, well again, Clintwood will lay the wood on whoever they play. Gate City 0 and 2 but damn look who they played. Richlands, my hat is off to em. Thats one fine ball club. GW, they seem to be makin noise and playen hard. Honaker is bustin skulls.

Is it me or does this not remind yall of what Football used to be. Strong competition in every district and potentional state champs in every one of em too. I love the fact that football is finally coming back to what it used to be.

The 80's and 90's were years of football that every district was strong then it seemed to fall to just a few teams being good around here, but 2011 it seems that every team is in top shape and playing some of the best ball I personally have seen in a long time. I hope its here to last

i think complete opposite...i think football is down tremendously in our areas.

The level of competition is as high as its ever been(local teams vs local teams) and SWVA has several teams that may compete for state titles

Although I haven't kept a close eye on schools other than Union this year, Highlights and scores indicate there are some very good teams. I know that I've spent 10 bucks the past two Fridays watching Union and I don't believe I could have spent it any better way. A close game at Lee that was decided by 5 points and the 'coulda shoulda' game againt Richlands that was lost with just over a minute to go. Both Lee and Richlands were able to compete with Union which impressed me. Power I and T coming to a town near you! : ) Go Bears!!