Rats are leaving the ship.......

bucfan64

Not really, but Va. Senator Phillip Puckett had some very interesting words to say in regards to President Obama and the Coal Industry, a rather interesting point in this video comes at around the 1:45-2:00 minute mark.

http://www2.tricities.com/news/2011/sep/22/va-sen-phillip-puckett-says-he-will-not-support-ob-ar-1327943/

I personally like Phillip Puckett, and even if he is doing this to save his position, I have to admit he won a few points with me by admitting what everyone else knows to be the truth.

I also like Light and I can really appreciate his limited govt. approach to govt. as well, being an independent, I am happy that both candidates are Pro Coal and against anti-coal measures.

Notable quotes from Puckett:

""he doesn't listen to me..." (in regards to President Obama)

"quite fankly he was not my choice for the Democratic nomination" (concerning Obama)

"It is very clear to me that the administration DOES NOT SUPPORT the coal industry in a way thats beneficial to our area..."

Guest The Variable
"It is very clear to me that the administration DOES NOT SUPPORT the coal industry in a way thats beneficial to our area..."

The comment should have been that the administration does not support the coal industry PERIOD. He has already said he wants to bankrupt that industry.

I received a letter from Light that states "I will never vote to raise your taxes. Period."

I made my decision right then that I'm voting for Puckett. I cannot in good conscience vote for someone so short-sighted as to say "I will never vote to raise your taxes".

Sadly, that is the orthodoxy as espoused by the Gospel According to Grover. Absolutism in anything leads to no problem solving. I detest it no matter where it comes from on the political spectrum.

Until we start getting candidates that can say FU to their party's hard lines and start working to solve problems in a realistic way, we will just continue the spiral.

Sadly, that is the orthodoxy as espoused by the Gospel According to Grover. Absolutism in anything leads to no problem solving. I detest it no matter where it comes from on the political spectrum.

Until we start getting candidates that can say FU to their party's hard lines and start working to solve problems in a realistic way, we will just continue the spiral.

Agree with everything there.

I agree, party politics are destructive to problem solving!