Dana Holgorson Calls Out WVU Fans:

To me, he seems ignorant about many things (even though Yahoo praises him to the gills), like "stadium size", for example. But, in his defense, he was probably drunkenly greasing his mullet when he was asked this.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/West-Virginia-fans-Dana-Holgorsen-has-a-few-wor?urn=ncaaf-wp7410

Dana Holgorsen is not real happy with West Virginia fans this week after they failed to come out in force Saturday for a 55-10 Homecoming beatdown of Bowling Green.

Only 46,600 fans showed up to watch the Mountaineers' move to 4-1, a week after more than 62,000 packed Mountaineer Stadium for a nationally televised, primetime visit from LSU that supposedly showed WVU fans as some of the loudest and proudest in the country. There were plenty of reasons offered for the lack of attendance, including the nondescript MAC opponent and windy, rainy weather. (It was a blustery 55 degrees at kickoff.) And it probably didn't help that LSU lit up the Mountaineers by 26 points the last time out, either.

West Virginia fans, Dana Holgorsen has a few words about your poor homecoming performance"You only get seven opportunities a year," Holgorsen said this morning during his weekly press conference. "What's so hard about it? It's too cold? Wasn't too cold for our players. Wasn't too cold for our coaches or managers or trainers; they're out there. So why did we have 20,000 people less at this one than we did last week?"

Holgorsen doesn't care about excuses, and several times he noted that his team spends the week trying to get better and the fans should do the same. He also pointed out that elite teams don't have to worry about fan support regardless of the opponent.

"The funny thing about it is we're all talking two weeks ago about how much difference the fans and the crowd's going to make to the LSU people," Holgorsen said. "Well, LSU played well in front of 62,000 of our people and then turned around and went home and played a 1-4 Kentucky team at noon and [they] have 95,000 people there. You want to talk about an elite program, that's one of them. I don't know about this place."

Holgorsen's mild-tempered rant sounded a lot like him channeling his former mentor, Mike Leach. He even points out that he has no problem saying what's on his mind and challenging the fans ahead of this Saturday's date with UConn, a team that just lost to Western Michigan.

He's right about a lot of things, though. He did beat the pavement to get the word out about the program, especially after it suffered a PR disaster thanks, in part, to former head coach Bill Stewart, who was allegedly trying to dig up dirt on Holgorsen, then his offensive coordinator and coach-in-waiting. So Holgorsen did all that he could — from skydiving to fly fishing - to engage West Virginia fans and show them that he was one of them. Elite teams don't need to beg fans to come to games and rarely will you hear coaches such as Bob Stoops or Les Miles complain that there were enough behinds in the seats.

So while Holgorsen might get a little flack for calling out his fan base, he's not wrong. And if the Mountaineers draw 60,000-plus on Saturday for the 2-3 Huskies, they may even see him as a hero.

It was 40 degrees and raining. Not sure why it's such a big deal.

THEY cancelled the "mantrip", due to the weather also. So apparently is was "too cold" and wet for them too.

Having said that, If I was up there. I would be in the stands freezing my ass off for 3 hours.

His tone comes off a bit on the whiny side to me. I think he could have made the point better without calling out the no shows. Something to the effect of "I was really proud of the way our crowd showed up for the LSU game. They are such a great asset to the team, and we need that kind of support every week."

His tone comes off a bit on the whiny side to me. I think he could have made the point better without calling out the no shows. Something to the effect of "I was really proud of the way our crowd showed up for the LSU game. They are such a great asset to the team, and we need that kind of support every week."

I agree. Could've even ended with a rah-rah plea for everyone to come out for UConn as they did for LSU. What is the deal with WVU coaches having terrible tact?

Lot's of rumors floating around Morgantown the past few days.

Looks like someone from LSU decided they should be in Morgantown today. I don't really understand why, but thought it is interesting enough to share.

Below: LSU plane arrives at Morgantowns Airport at 9:36 this morning

307396_10150397753781672_764816671_9902557_416512053_n.jpg

Planes activity log listed below:

http://flightaware.com/photos/view/269247-024269ca64cf130e1e0e3e9f60a17beea7c486f4/aircrafttype/LJ35

I think he is overreacting too. I know where he is coming from but come on, it was miserable. I was there and know from experience, I wish I would have stayed home because I was already sick. It would have been fun to play in but not as a spectator.

Lot's of rumors floating around Morgantown the past few days.

Looks like someone from LSU decided they should be in Morgantown today. I don't really understand why, but thought it is interesting enough to share.

Below: LSU plane arrives at Morgantowns Airport at 9:36 this morning

307396_10150397753781672_764816671_9902557_416512053_n.jpg

Planes activity log listed below:

http://flightaware.com/photos/view/269247-024269ca64cf130e1e0e3e9f60a17beea7c486f4/aircrafttype/LJ35

Any stud football or basketball players in the Morgantown area they could be recruiting?

Like Auburns "Tiger walk". Where the players walk from a certain area a few hours before the game to the locker room.

Here's a video.

Tech has one as well. Sadly, ours doesn't have a cool name. Just called "The Walk" from the South End Zone parking lot to the locker room.

a mantrip is what takes miners under the ground in coal mines....but a great new tradition holgerson/luck have started honoring the miners and such..

I knew what " a mantrip " is, just didn't know what "the mantrip" is within wvu