Tigers - Pioneers

redtiger

First off it was a GREAT game(except the final score)!

TW won in the second OT, I think the score was 36-34 or maybe 34-32. Either way it was a 2 point loss.

I was worried Haysi would have problems with containment and they did, TW has two really good backs and they just feed those guys the ball.

In no way trying to make excuses but Haysi's Fullback/Outside Linebacker was out tonight(was in a car wreck, pretty bad gash on his head and couldnt play). Thats a BIG loss when youre running a 5-3 defense. Hes also the only FB on the team. Haysi ran alot of 4 wide and moved a WR into the backfield as a lead blocker(not exactly a power running game).

There were several injuries tonight; a Haysi player hurt his knee(it didnt seem to be a major injury but he had to leave the game), he plays MLB(so thats 2 LBs out). TW had a player get hurt(he left in an ambulance), hope he is ok and my thoughts are with him.

To wind things up I want to get into something I usually dont talk about, #24 for TW should have been kicked out of the game. Lots of late hits, clips and just generally running his mouth(it was so bad that several times his teammates pushed him away from Haysi players). He had 2 Personal foul penalties(late hit on the QB and late hit on a runner on the ground) and probably deserved a few more. I really dont know what his problem is but he really needs to get it under control, there really is no place for that kind of behavior.

First off it was a GREAT game(except the final score)!

TW won in the second OT, I think the score was 36-34 or maybe 34-32. Either way it was a 2 point loss.

I was worried Haysi would have problems with containment and they did, TW has two really good backs and they just feed those guys the ball.

In no way trying to make excuses but Haysi's Fullback/Outside Linebacker was out tonight(was in a car wreck, pretty bad gash on his head and couldnt play). Thats a BIG loss when youre running a 5-3 defense. Hes also the only FB on the team. Haysi ran alot of 4 wide and moved a WR into the backfield as a lead blocker(not exactly a power running game).

There were several injuries tonight; a Haysi player hurt his knee(it didnt seem to be a major injury but he had to leave the game), he plays MLB(so thats 2 LBs out). TW had a player get hurt(he left in an ambulance), hope he is ok and my thoughts are with him.

To wind things up I want to get into something I usually dont talk about, #24 for TW should have been kicked out of the game. Lots of late hits, clips and just generally running his mouth(it was so bad that several times his teammates pushed him away from Haysi players). He had 2 Personal foul penalties(late hit on the QB and late hit on a runner on the ground) and probably deserved a few more. I really dont know what his problem is but he really needs to get it under control, there really is no place for that kind of behavior.

I have become good friends with a TW mom and one of the things she has told me is that Brandon tends to get absent with his head at times

It really was pretty bad, ive never seen anything like it without the player being ejected. None of it was vicious or in an attempt to hurt anyone but still late is late.

The QB throws the ball then the defender takes 2-3 steps and not just runs into him but full on tackels him with a big hit. Theres a fumble in open space, the RB dives on the ball and then the kidpiles in on top of him, again 2-3 steps and not just diving for the ball but bailing on top of him. Just uncalled for, it really looked like a LL game where the kid didnt completly understand that he has to stop when the whistle is blown.

Another thing im gonna complain about was the holding(it was the same story last season). Every time they ran Jet Sweep the OT held the DE, every time, every long run the DEs would try to streach the play to the sideline and they just couldnt get away from the OTs and Cain or Brewer would turn it up field.

I will give them this, they do it in a very unassuming way and hide it pretty well.