Typical Bluefield (WV) Behavior

Guest Highlanders

I believe both teams were kicked out of the playoffs.

In any event, the rest of the season appears to be canceled now.

Ruling came today in favor of the league and word is that Bluefield isn't going to appeal. Judge Obolhousn agreed with the opinion in last year's WV AAA playoff decision. In both rulings, the Court does not have jurisdiction in a private organization's handling of matters if there are indeed rules/procedure to back it up, and luckily for the football league, their rules are adopted from the WVSSAC which essentially empowers the board to use their discretion in situations such as these. Basically, it is my understanding that the Court really has no say in how this situation is handled as long as it isn't handled unfairly, and not unfairly as in the kids don't get to play; unfairly as in describing inequality because of race, sex, religion, etc. and this case didn't do that.

So, the playoffs should resume minus two teams since that was the plan originally.

Ruling came today in favor of the league and word is that Bluefield isn't going to appeal. Judge Obolhousn agreed with the opinion in last year's WV AAA playoff decision. In both rulings, the Court does not have jurisdiction in a private organization's handling of matters if there are indeed rules/procedure to back it up, and luckily for the football league, their rules are adopted from the WVSSAC which essentially empowers the board to use their discretion in situations such as these. Basically, it is my understanding that the Court really has no say in how this situation is handled as long as it isn't handled unfairly, and not unfairly as in the kids don't get to play; unfairly as in describing inequality because of race, sex, religion, etc. and this case didn't do that.

So, the playoffs should resume minus two teams since that was the plan originally.

A good ruling then, a good ruling now.

Yes, it's a good ruling, yet the kids still miss out. Such a shame.

This.

Nobody wins in the long run. I do feel bad for the kids, and while it can be argued that it may or may not be morally right to hold 10 year olds responsible for a few adults actions, its a valuable lesson to all parties involved. Responsibility or lack thereof comes at a high and, often times unfair, price.

From the video I lay the blame on the big coach for the Chargers; 1) he comes storming onto the field, 2) complain to the refs dont go to the other coach(if you want to talk to him thats fine but dont yell) and 3) if the refs wont do anything and you really think your players are in danger end the game and take it up w/ whoever is running the LL program.

Dont jump around like a punk, you are suposed to be a role model for the kids.

And the fans/parents/"adults", thats just embarassing. Have some pride in yourselves and some respect for the game. Let the kids play but if the fans cant stay in the seats dont let them in the stadium for the rest of the teams games, they can wait in the stands until its over.

Obviously I didnt see the whole game, just that clip but thats my 2cents worth.

yea what he said lol