Since someone started a coaches thread...

BigO

who are the worst? I'll start....Bowles. Knows his football, but I think the game has passed him by. AHS needs a young, motivated coach with the ability to get onto a kid and have that kid respond by giving more....not by running home to mommy and daddy and saying that bad man yelled at me. Now, some of that is on the kid and his parents...but a good coach develops a reputation of being a players coach and the kids know that he yells at them because he knows they can do better. We need discipline. We need conditioning thats real. We need drive and determination. We need a fresh start. We just need a new coach. We need that excitement...we've gone stale. This is all, of course, my opinion...but ANYBODY that agrees or disagrees please chime in. Am I alone in this thought process?

Probably opening up a whole mess here...Asst coach at Tazewell Josh Thompson needs to go. I know this is his first year but he never was much of a player either. Coach Tate will be fine once he has a full offseason to work with and gets the boys strength and condition built up.

I would be curious as well to hear what others say about our coaching staff. I have not heard in the stands anybody fussing about the coaches but after all I can't hear every person.

I think Tate is an excellent motivator and love what I see from him. I hope that others see the same thing. He brings an energy to the team when there isn't a lot to be excite about. The fan level has been good considering all things through the games this year. I hope he is given fair chance and others will be as patient as well. Same to be said about Graham as well.

who are the worst? I'll start....Bowles. Knows his football, but I think the game has passed him by. AHS needs a young, motivated coach with the ability to get onto a kid and have that kid respond by giving more....not by running home to mommy and daddy and saying that bad man yelled at me. Now, some of that is on the kid and his parents...but a good coach develops a reputation of being a players coach and the kids know that he yells at them because he knows they can do better. We need discipline. We need conditioning thats real. We need drive and determination. We need a fresh start. We just need a new coach. We need that excitement...we've gone stale. This is all, of course, my opinion...but ANYBODY that agrees or disagrees please chime in. Am I alone in this thought process?

All Abingdon coaches volleyball,football,softball,girls bb, boys bb,the only good coach is the baseball coach for some reason they don't care if they have quality coaches.o yeah I almost forgot they have a great band coach.

All Abingdon coaches volleyball,football,softball,girls bb, boys bb,the only good coach is the baseball coach for some reason they don't care if they have quality coaches.o yeah I almost forgot they have a great band coach.

We've got a pretty good boys basketball coach, girls softball coach and boys baseball coach. I think our new girls basketball coach will straighten some of the laziness out, but if we don't start from scratch with football program, it's going to be more of the same.