How about top 5 D Linemen?

BigO

Yep, I'm a homer with this one...but I will go with Matt Nash from Abingdon. You guys know more about the players in this area as a whole..but Matt has always impressed me with his speed and determination....kid never quits and has a motor.

Yep, I'm a homer with this one...but I will go with Matt Nash from Abingdon. You guys know more about the players in this area as a whole..but Matt has always impressed me with his speed and determination....kid never quits and has a motor.

53 for clintwood is a beast and 12 ft tall it seemed lol

What about linebackers and DB's? who is the top five on them? As the D-line goes I give a #3 spot to jake Mccowan from Grundy, and a spot somewhere in there should big #61 from Hurley Steven Stacy, he is 6'2 around 320, and preety agile "when he wants to be".

What about linebackers and DB's? who is the top five on them? As the D-line goes I give a #3 spot to jake Mccowan from Grundy, and a spot somewhere in there should big #61 from Hurley Steven Stacy, he is 6'2 around 320, and preety agile "when he wants to be".

McCowan is a big kid...he's probably the most athletic built kid Grundy has...but I have yet to see him get fired up and go off on anyone this year...maybe tonight he will get fired up against Clintwood.

Guest king kone

Hope he is allright after last nite........

clintwood's #53 is probably their best offensive lineman, but he's probably fourth on the defensive line list. his size (6'8 320) makes him effective offensively, but clintwood's defensive line is anchored by the smaller, quicker 195-200 pounders (#9, #12, #38) who are very aggressive and extremely hard to block. mean as snakes, them boys are.

Youre wrong on his size, 6'7", 330lbs(close tho lol)

The Greenwave defensive line is built on speed and those boys are tough to block. Having those big DTs in there helps alot tho, thy often get double teamed and allow the other players to go 1 on 1 w/ any chip blocks

Youre wrong on his size, 6'7", 330lbs(close tho lol)

The Greenwave defensive line is built on speed and those boys are tough to block. Having those big DTs in there helps alot tho, thy often get double teamed and allow the other players to go 1 on 1 w/ any chip blocks

This kid needs a license plate instead of a jersey #...

for those who have not seen this kid....just to put him in perspective ...size wise against your avg player:

Here, poor Nick Travis tries to go around him and gets stuck in orbit.

IMG_8716.jpg

he's hunched over here and still bigger than everyone on the field.

IMG_8671.jpg

you have to realize here that he is not closer to the camera than it seems, he is standing directly in front of #22...I couldn't even get all of him in the shot!

IMG_8564.jpg

What gets me is he isint "heavy footed" like most guys his size, he is very athletic. He does kinda look like a big green school bus(I mean that in the very best of ways lol, I looked like a big red house!)

He really needs to be on the Clintwood basketball team!

Edited by redtiger

What gets me is he isint "heavy footed" like most guys his size, he is very athletic. He does kinda look like a big green school bus(I mean that in the very best of ways lol, I looked like a big red house!)

He really needs to be on the Clintwood basketball team!

oh yeah, he can move...kid's got a lot of speed for a big man...i was impressed.

I think hes the best linemen ive seen in this area is some time(I havent seen Richlands play and I know they have got 2 good ones). Josh Yates @ Haysi a few years ago was really good, Josh was about 6'0" 290lbs, pretty good OT but was a really good DT(played at E&H) but played DE his SR season at Haysi

why where is McCowan gonna be Dec 28th? The Skeens doesn't start until the 29th?

Ha ha. Honaker has some good lineman on both sides. Not many times has a qb been able to sit in the pocket. Grundys qb better be able to get rid of the ball fast. I have a lot of confidence in honakers line.

Ha ha. Honaker has some good lineman on both sides. Not many times has a qb been able to sit in the pocket. Grundys qb better be able to get rid of the ball fast. I have a lot of confidence in honakers line.

i thought you were talking about McCowan. Our O-Line does well at times and not so well at others...like i've been saying all year, don't really know what to expect until the game starts on friday night...not so much worried about the O as I am the D giving up the big plays...every game we've lost this year that's been the killer...don't see many drives as much as you do 70-80+ yard TD's.

i thought you were talking about McCowan. Our O-Line does well at times and not so well at others...like i've been saying all year, don't really know what to expect until the game starts on friday night...not so much worried about the O as I am the D giving up the big plays...every game we've lost this year that's been the killer...don't see many drives as much as you do 70-80+ yard TD's.

Honaker is alot the same. Friday night tells who is ready and who ain't. After Fridays game Honaker should be ready ready to win again.