LPD/Cumberland Predictions

HURleyftbll343

I look for Union to be the team to beat in the LPD with Central giving them a run for their money.

Castlewood is the odds on favorite to take the Cumberland but Twin Springs could steal the show if this year's recruit gives them a big shot in the arm.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that JIB is supposed to have one of the fastest basketball teams in the area. That being said, Union will have some good talent on the hardwood with the Barker boys, Mekiah Davis and his brother (i cant remember his first name). The LPD will be between Union and JIB IMO

I heard that JIB is supposed to have one of the fastest basketball teams in the area. That being said, Union will have some good talent on the hardwood with the Barker boys, Mekiah Davis and his brother (i cant remember his first name). The LPD will be between Union and JIB IMO

I think Central will have alot to say about that. Coach McAmis is telling folks that he likes what he will have this year

Burton picked up Daniel Deaton from Ky .Daniel used to play at Burton and scored 25 against Powell Valley as a freshmen ..He's a senior now..

If Central is competitive and Clintwood is (they were pretty solid last year) the LPD will have some fun games to watch this season. Last season Clintwood had a kid who was short but could shoot the lights out and was quick. I cant remember his number but i think it was 5. If hes back, Clintwood will make some waves in the LPD (no pun intended)

• 2 weeks later...

Central looks likea JV team and will be a last place team. Davis isnt playing for Union. JIB will give Union a run for their money but Union will win this weak district. Coach Mcwhatever is blowing up your backside, he wont have anything this year....he lost 8 seniors from last years team and their JV was weak. Ive seen them a couple of times and they might beat Clintwood, maybe, if some of the football players dont come out.

Edited by chubzfan

Gate City will see how good JIB is friday night. But it will be hard to tell who is the better team because we are missing one of the Arnolds and another player that is important off of the bench, not to mention Tyler Bird for the rest of the season.

Gate City will see how good JIB is friday night. But it will be hard to tell who is the better team because we are missing one of the Arnolds and another player that is important off of the bench, not to mention Tyler Bird for the rest of the season.

I doubt you will see how good they are Friday night, as most teams aren't very good at this time in the season.