Red vs Orange

redtiger

Game of the season in the BDD

Honaker @ Haysi

If Haysi wins they share the BDD title if they lose its all Honakers.

Honaker seems to be a typical Honaker team; tough running team that plays good defense.

Haysi is a typical Haysi team; runs the ball well and throws it all over the place.

Haysi has played good on offense most of the season(made too many mistakes against Hurley). Reds defense has played well against power running teams.

The game being at Haysi helps alot. I say Haysi mans up and pulls out a close one.

Haysi 27 Honaker 21

Should be an exciting game as always! This will be the first time in about 20 years I will miss this game, I always loved making the trip to Sandlick. If WXLZ doesn't broadcast this game online I'll be super pissed!

Game of the season in the BDD

Honaker @ Haysi

If Haysi wins they share the BDD title if they lose its all Honakers.

Honaker seems to be a typical Honaker team; tough running team that plays good defense.

Haysi is a typical Haysi team; runs the ball well and throws it all over the place.

Haysi has played good on offense most of the season(made too many mistakes against Hurley). Reds defense has played well against power running teams.

The game being at Haysi helps alot. I say Haysi mans up and pulls out a close one.

Haysi 27 Honaker 21

i think if honaker plays to their potential and not like they played first half with grundy they will win this one .seems to me honaker has had a few games they just play a half in.if they do that with colley then it could be a long ride across the mountain.

Should be an exciting game as always! This will be the first time in about 20 years I will miss this game, I always loved making the trip to Sandlick. If WXLZ doesn't broadcast this game online I'll be super pissed!

I believe they said last night that they were not carrying a game next friday night .... unless i just misunderstood.

92.1 WDIC usually carries Haysi I'm pretty sure and you can stream that station online as well.... redtiger can verify that!!!

Edited by OrangeStreak

With the Clintwood/GC game @ Clintwood I would guess that 92.1 will be there.

But yes they do stream online.

Haysi has had games where they look great and games where they look a little lost. When they get the ball in Blairs hands the offense runs smooth, when they dont(Hurley!) things are a little rougher. I think defensively Haysi sill be ok, Honaker will move the ball. Should be a very good game.

The BDD title still runs through Haysi!

Speaking of good games, how many great ones are there in SWVA this friday?

Clintwood/GC, Haysi/Honaker, Central/JIBurton, Grayson Co/Galax. Its a very good week for football

Ahhh .... Honaker @ Haysi!!! Here we go again!!! How does this work, if Honaker wins, they are BDD champs obviously. But if by some chance it should unfortunately go the other way, would Haysi/Honaker share the title, or do they do the head to head tiebreaker???

Ahhh .... Honaker @ Haysi!!! Here we go again!!! How does this work, if Honaker wins, they are BDD champs obviously. But if by some chance it should unfortunately go the other way, would Haysi/Honaker share the title, or do they do the head to head tiebreaker???

Share usually.

They would share the title, co-champions

Of course if Haysi wins I am gonna argue that since they both have 1 district loss then Haysi is the real champ! And Hurley has no say since they have 2 district losses.

Against Haysi.

If your are saying that there is some "homecooking" goin on at Haysi then frankly, thats bullshit and you know it.

The proof is that since '05 these two teams have played 4 times @ Haysi, Honaker has won 2 and Haysi has won 2.

I can already see where this is goin; if Honaker wins you are gonna talk about how they had to play Haysi and the Refs but still came out with a victory. If Haysi wins it was really the Refs that beat Honaker.

Thats weak

Edited by redtiger

Honaker 20

Haysi 8

If Honaker's momentum continues from the 2nd. half against Grundy they (Honaker) may win by more. I figure Honaker will be flying a little lower and Haysi will be "pinning their ears" back, so I figure it will be close.

Yes there is a lot of home cooking in Haysi when it comes to this game, but Honaker still has to put up the points to beat the team at the end no matter if the refs are bad. I've been to games there the last 15 or so years and saw Honaker over come some really awful calls and win cause they put pts up. So if the points aren't on the board it doesn't matter how bad the refs are. But I agree if the Honaker team shows up that played the second half against Grundy then Haysi doesn't stand a chance. So someone needs to tell Honaker this a 4 quarter game and tell them to get their heads out of their butts and play up to their ability. Colley will def out coach Hubbard easliy in this contest. Guess we'll have to wait to see how it goes Friday to see which of the Tigers show up to play.