Into the Record Book

redtiger

Dakota Stanley(WR) and Zack Owens(QB) of Haysi may see themselves in the VHSL Record Book with their performances last Saturday against JI Burton.

All records are for a single game

Stanley,

306 yards recieving would put him in 2nd place and 17 receptions would put him in 1st.

Owens,

42 passes attempted would put him in 5th place. 27 completions would tie him at 1st place. 390 yards would put him at 5th place.

Regardless of what position they reach if the numbers are anywhere near what has been reported they will become the 5th and 6th Haysi players in the VHSL Record Book.

Congratulations to both young men!

* the positions I have these two achieving in their respective categories may be a little off, the VHSL record book is a little confusing(at least to me), pages 32-34 deal with these records and some categories are listed twice w/ different players and stats

http://www.vhsl.org/files/pub-vhsl-recordbook-jun09.pdf

Edited by redtiger

Like I said the record book is confusing to me so maybe im not 100% accurate on where they will stand.

For example one section says Passing Completions 39, another says Most Passes Completed 27. So who knows, maybe I just dont understand the difference?

Vic Hall is up there on alot of the season and career passing records.

Dakota Stanley - 306 yards recieving would put him in 2nd place and 17 receptions would put him in 1st.

Zack Owens, 42 passes attempted would put him in 5th place. 27 completions would tie him at 1st place. 390 yards would put him at 5th place.

OK... I've got the records as of June, 2011, and I know how to use them, so....

Dakota - 3rd place is 305, and I've seen both 306 & 303, so I'll just say top 5.

Zach - no records are kept for pass attempts, the completions record is 39, yardage is 656... so none of Zach's numbers are top 10.

What you went by for him is the 2nd set of records, the "state" records, which are only for "state" games... the semis & finals. Everything now is Regionals/Sectionals ("sub-state"), and everything earlier is reg. season.

From what i've heard and read, Vic Hall finished in the top 5 QB's all time nationally statistically speaking ....stop and think about that a minute and let it settle in before you continue forward in your thinking...nationally....all time....wow right?

if that is true...he should hold almost every passing record you can imagine in the state of VA...which is not exactly known for cranking out top QB's...linemen and RB's...sure I guess, maybe even a DB here and there....QB's...not so much.

Thanks alot Helper.

When I was looking at the stats somwthing just didnt feel right and I thought I might be wrong. I knew Dakotas were big and would put him up there somewhere but the passing stats seemed low to me and the one about attempts didnt make much sense(I couldnt understand exactly why anyone would want to keep up w/ that?).

Vic Halls #s are rediculious!!!

So anyway, congratulations to Dakota and keep it up Zack

Edited by redtiger