Thoughts on the Clintwood -Chilhowie game

wave316

This was from a coach I spoke to who was at the game and he thought the ball had crossed the plain.. I wasn't there..did Radford raise a fuss... ??

No real fuss, actually, and no reaction on that OTHER forum from the Radford faithful, either. I had a pretty good view of the play from my vantage point, and although he was close, he was short.

Guest bigdaddyd50
#13 is Austin Dotson ...perhaps the most physical high school player I have ever seen play the game. He is a load to bring down and is a linebacker that will lay the wood to you. Someone said that Marshall had shown interest in Austin. I only wish him the best. Thanks for commenting on him!

Not seen much high school football then.

It is suprising that the warriors only managed under 100 yards of offense!

I would completly disagree that what GW runs is an undercenter version of what JIB does. JIBs Offense is based on speed/quickness and streaching the D until a gap opens up. GWs Offense is more power based with some speed type plays to complement the power game. imo

There were about 3 of 4 weeks at one stint in the season where I don't think Chilhowie scored an offensive touchdown. Or if they did it was on one big play and the rest of the game they were handled. The offense was very much a Brett Johnson offense this year, last year's offense was a much better team effort ... and a much better team, period.

And Chilhowie was 6-5 entering that game and probably shouldn't have made the playoffs. But they played hard Saturday against a much, much better Clintwood team from what I've been told.

Not seen much high school football then.

Jackass!

Dotson is a very physical and plays angry! One of the best blocking FBs I have seen and a tough ballcarrier. And at about 250lbs is a monster at FB, once he gets moving someones ass is getting busted!

I think he could play FB at the next level(at a pretty high level), he would make a good FB on an I formation team

There were about 3 of 4 weeks at one stint in the season where I don't think Chilhowie scored an offensive touchdown. Or if they did it was on one big play and the rest of the game they were handled. The offense was very much a Brett Johnson offense this year, last year's offense was a much better team effort ... and a much better team, period.

And Chilhowie was 6-5 entering that game and probably shouldn't have made the playoffs. But they played hard Saturday against a much, much better Clintwood team from what I've been told.

I wasnt suprised by their consistancy but I did expect Johnson to rip off a couple of big runs. Clintwoods D is tough!