Your top 5 favorite songs

Just a fun little discussion. What are your top five favorite songs that you love??

Here's mine:

5- Sad But True- Metallica

Thanks to BigD for getting me into Metallica at a very young age. We used to jam some Metallica on the way to and fro' VT Football games circa 02-05. Really jumpstarted my love for Tallica as well as VT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8BRbM52gpc

4-Helter Skelter- The Beatles

My all time favorite Beatles song. This song is so completely different from any other song in the Beatles tracklisting. And the only reason it is so heavy, is becaus McCartney wanted to upstage The Who, who had been quoted as saying that "I Can See For Miles" was the heaviest song ever at the time. Great song, even if the lyrics are about a slide...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMfkVGCU_BA

3- Come As You Are- Nirvana

What's not to like about this song?? The opening guitar riff just moves me for some reason. Easily my favorite Nirvana song by a long shot. And I'm sure BigD will shoot me down for it. ;)

2- Shake Me Like A Monkey- Dave Matthews Band

Carter Beuford, the drummer of DMB, is one of my heros. And his drumming is some of the most technical I've ever seen. The horns on this song compliment everything about this groovy little ditty. And of course Daves lyrics and delivery are like no other.

1- Critical Acclaim- Avenged Sevenfold

My favorite song by my favorite band. Of course it's going to be number 1, right?? Lol. This is the song that A7X have used as their opener since the album came out in 07, and it's been my favorite ever since. Something about the organ intro, along with the lyrics backing our troops and hating on the people who don't support them, and the vocals from the The Rev (drummer, deceased) during the chorus, all make this my favorite song of all time. It's been played over 350 times on my iTunes, and the next closest is in the 100s. (BTW, get to see them for the 13th time on Tuesday in Pikeville with VIP passes. Pumped doesn't even begin to describe it.)

Album:

Live:

My taste changes daily, so these might not be in the same order tomorrow...

1) Fly Me To The Moon by Frank Sinatra

2) The Cave by Mumford and Sons

3) Ain't No Rest for the Wicked by Cage the Elephant

4) Du Hast by Rammstein

5) anything bluegrass

4) Du Hast by Rammstein

Love that band and song. Still to this day the best all around concert I've ever been to. Great music, they sounded better live than on cd, and their pyro and stage show was amazing. Plus, seeing it in The Garden didn't hurt. :)

5. Outfit - Drive By Truckers

4. Point Blank - Bruce Springsteen

3. Darkness on the Edge of Town - Bruce

2. Hurt - Johnny Cash

1. Wolves - Pink Floyd

This kind of top five is fluid for me. I almost included Outkast "Bombs Over Bagdad," Simon and Garfunkel "The Boxer" or Pearl Jam "Black." Kind of depends on the mood or the day.

5. Aesthetics of Hate - Machine Head

4. Redneck - Lamb of God

3. Don't Come Home A Drinkin With Lovin On Your Mind - Loretta Lynn

2. Angel of Death - Slayer

1. Pachendale - Iron Maiden