Bama beats Auburn

blueinbama

I don't think that they should be able to get a rematch against LSU. LSU beat them on their own turf. You guys should definitely get a BCS bowl though which you most likely will.

I guess it doesn't matter what you think, because after the beatdown in the iron bowl Alabama will be playing for the national championship :)

I guess it doesn't matter what you think, because after the beatdown in the iron bowl Alabama will be playing for the national championship :)

I realize you're a Bama fan, but I don't think many people in the rest of the country want to see a rematch. I know I don't. Nothing against Bama. But I want LSU vs Ok. St.

I would like to see the two best teams play period......LSU & BAMA the only choice, at this point. Who wants to see LSU blow out someone else...no fun in that. A rematch what a great thing for college football.

I realize you're a Bama fan, but I don't think many people in the rest of the country want to see a rematch. I know I don't. Nothing against Bama. But I want LSU vs Ok. St.

Ryan, you really think Oklahoma State who choked with Iowa State is a better game for college football....didn't see that one coming.

Ryan, you really think Oklahoma State who choked with Iowa State is a better game for college football....didn't see that one coming.

No one, and I mean no one, will beat LSU. Bama couldn't get it done in their own stadium. What makes anyone think they can do it New Orleans??? I'd rather see a fresh match-up is all I'm saying. Ok. St. can't beat LSU, neither can Bama, or VT, or Stanford, or Oklahoma, or Oregon, and so on and so forth.

No one, and I mean no one, will beat LSU. Bama couldn't get it done in their own stadium. What makes anyone think they can do it New Orleans??? I'd rather see a fresh match-up is all I'm saying. Ok. St. can't beat LSU, neither can Bama, or VT, or Stanford, or Oklahoma, or Oregon, and so on and so forth.

Out of all of those teams, who has the best chance at beating LSU? I think it's Bama.

Out of all of those teams, who has the best chance at beating LSU? I think it's Bama.

I don't think Bama has the offense to do it. Ok St has the much better offense. However, Ok St's D is laughable. So the LSU, Ok St game woud be a shootout. Which is what I'd rather see than another 9-6 bore-fest.

I don't think Bama has the offense to do it. Ok St has the much better offense. However, Ok St's D is laughable. So the LSU, Ok St game woud be a shootout. Which is what I'd rather see than another 9-6 bore-fest.

Alabama doesn't have to have a big time offense. Have you seen their defensive stats?? #1 in every major category. Half the country might not want to see a rematch but the other half believes that the 2 best teams will play and that will be Bama - LSU. No matter who wins the SEC CG.

And OK state lost to a nobody! They have no argument. Stanford and even tech deserves a chance before them.

I'm not sure how anyone who watched the first game and saw all the missed field goals and such that Bama had, can honestly say they are incapable of beating LSU, everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but it is my opinion that LSU was very fortunate to win that first game, and I'm not so sure they would be that fortunate two times in a row.

I'm not sure how anyone who watched the first game and saw all the missed field goals and such that Bama had, can honestly say they are incapable of beating LSU, everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but it is my opinion that LSU was very fortunate to win that first game, and I'm not so sure they would be that fortunate two times in a row.

LSU had just as many oppurtunities. And if they played again, which will be in New Orleans, a basic home game for LSU,, who's to say LSU doesn't blow them out? All I'm saying is I don't want to see the same game I saw 3 weeks ago.

LSU didnt go what was it 1-5 on field goals.. that wont happen again, Im not trying to take away from LSU they are a really good team, but Bama blew many more opportunities than LSU did in that game.

There is no way and i mean NO WAY you can put a team like OK state in the championship look who they lost to no excuse i don't care who you are if you lose to a team like that I could care less about your record. Bama LSU are the 2 best teams in the country hands down without a doubt end of discussion and anyone that knows football can see that why in the world would anyone not want to see the best teams play each other that is what championships are supposed to be the 2 best teams in your sport playing for the gold and this year we will finally get to see it.

The NC title game will be played on Jan 9th if I'm not mistaken. That's 43 days away. Nick Saban has proven time and time again that if you give him that kind of time to prepare his team he is deadly. It also gives the players time to heal those nagging injuries after the long grind of the SEC season, and Bama has a few players who would benefit. I understand the anti-Bama sentiment here by some of you, and I understand the argument against a rematch between LSU and Alabama. But those of you who say Bama has no chance are delusional. Did you even watch the first game? Bama outplayed LSU, and should have won had it not been for an inept field goal kicker. Bama would LOVE another shot at LSU, and I think they deserve it. They are the best team left standing by a long shot, and all of you know it regardless of your bias against a rematch. Roll Tide!

Edited by blueinbama

The NC title game will be played on Jan 9th if I'm not mistaken. That's 43 days away. Nick Saban has proven time and time again that if you give him that kind of time to prepare his team he is deadly. It also gives the players time to heal those nagging injuries after the long grind of the SEC season, and Bama has a few players who would benefit. I understand the anti-Bama sentiment here by some of you, and I understand the argument against a rematch between LSU and Alabama. But those of you who say Bama has no chance are delusional. Did you even watch the first game? Bama outplayed LSU, and should have won had it not been for an inept field goal kicker. Bama would LOVE another shot at LSU, and I think they deserve it. They are the best team left standing by a long shot, and all of you know it regardless of your bias against a rematch. Roll Tide!

I totally agree with you here. But I think the question comes down to which argument is stronger; the argument against having a rematch (remember, the BCS kind of set a precedent of no rematches when they didn't let OSU and Michigan play each other a couple years back) or the argument of actually putting the best two teams in the game?

Blueinbama, you may be right as to what you say, but I think you, as an Alabama fan, should prepare yourself just in case the BCS again shows how bass-ackward it really is. Because I think 'Bama is about to get screwed.

I totally agree with you here. But I think the question comes down to which argument is stronger; the argument against having a rematch (remember, the BCS kind of set a precedent of no rematches when they didn't let OSU and Michigan play each other a couple years back) or the argument of actually putting the best two teams in the game?

Blueinbama, you may be right as to what you say, but I think you, as an Alabama fan, should prepare yourself just in case the BCS again shows how bass-ackward it really is. Because I think 'Bama is about to get screwed.

If that happens, maybe it will finally force college football to do what it needs to do, and that's institute a playoff, whether it be a plus one or something else. There's no reason we should be trying to decide this off the field. Every other major sport decides the championship on the playing field. Saying the regular season serves as a playoff obviously doesn't work as well as the BCS says it does, or we wouldn't be discussing it.

If that happens, maybe it will finally force college football to do what it needs to do, and that's institute a playoff, whether it be a plus one or something else. There's no reason we should be trying to decide this off the field. Every other major sport decides the championship on the playing field. Saying the regular season serves as a playoff obviously doesn't work as well as the BCS says it does, or we wouldn't be discussing it.

Yeah, you're exactly right. There have been many possible situations given by sports writers, NCAA execs, etc. who propose a playoff that also keeps the current BCS bowls as rich as they're used to. And I can't have this conversation without reminding everyone that there are NCAA Division I teams that have a playoff already. It's called the FCS, and it seems to work pretty well.