Rick Perry drops out of race

ThomasDenton

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-rick-perry-to-end-presidential-campaign-20120119,0,4552822.story

At this point, the GOP race is turning into a season of Survivor. Only 4 left: Romney, Paul, Santorum, and Gingrich. Since Cain just "suspended" his bid, I wonder if maybe he's just waiting until everyone else drops out, then tries to make a comeback? Most likely not though.

Not surprised. I had almost forgot Perry existed. With Romney's recent surge, he looks like the most likely candidate by a long shot.

Perry reminded me of Bush a little too much. I wouldn't hold that against him in an election, but they had a lot of the same quirks - politics aside.

Guest The Variable
Not surprised. I had almost forgot Perry existed. With Romney's recent surge, he looks like the most likely candidate by a long shot.

Perry reminded me of Bush a little too much. I wouldn't hold that against him in an election, but they had a lot of the same quirks - politics aside.

I liked Perry on border patrol. Much smarter than the other candidates on that topic. Overall very good Governor.

I forgot about him for a while too. Seemed like he was the one to beat in the beginning for a while, then just dropped off the face of the earth. I just wonder who'll be the next to go. I can't see Romney dropping out since he's been leading everyone else and Ron Paul has enough money and cult support to stay in it (plus he's always got some point to make). For some reason, Gingrich and Santorum seem like the guys that would be most likely to run out of money or something like that and have to drop out. They're probably filthy stinking rich for all I know, but I just get that feeling from them for some odd reason.

Guest The Variable
The average IQ of this race just shot WAY up...

Depends. Perry is not dumb. Hes not as articulate in a debate by far but he is not a dumb operator. I put him above Santorum, Paul and Obama so I guess the average drops then.

Paul will stay in until the end, even if the numbers are totally against him, Newt will have to have some pretty thick hide to get over this most recent scandal with his ex-wife and Santorum will last until late March possibly, but I see him running out of $$$$.....Looks like Romney more and more each day...

Guest The Variable
Obama would smelt him in a debate. Even if Obama debated that every citizen should receive two root canals a year. Perry isn't "dumb", but he's certainly not ahead of Obama in the IQ department. Romney...maybe.

Perry wouldnt kill an oil pipeline plan, let mexican smugglers run wild or lay off 500k soldiers.

Obama is dumb. Yeah, he went to college, big deal. He has approximately ZERO common sense or business sense or management sense. In fact, aside from political sense, hes one of the dumbest candidates I have seen on a national stage.

Perry wouldnt kill an oil pipeline plan, let mexican smugglers run wild or lay off 500k soldiers.

Obama is dumb. Yeah, he went to college, big deal. He has approximately ZERO common sense or business sense or management sense. In fact, aside from political sense, hes one of the dumbest candidates I have seen on a national stage.

You realize that Bush was president for the preceding 8 years right? If you said second dumbest, I might find a way to agree with you.

Guest The Variable
You realize that Bush was president for the preceding 8 years right? If you said second dumbest, I might find a way to agree with you.

one of...not THE.

Smartest guy who ever ran for PotUS: Ross Perot.

Depends. Perry is not dumb. Hes not as articulate in a debate by far but he is not a dumb operator. I put him above Santorum, Paul and Obama so I guess the average drops then.

If someone keeps showing poor intellect over and over and over again, how long does it have to happen before we decide that the guy might not be that smart? Sure, he's got a B.S. in Animal Sciences, but in his current profession (politics), the man is a constant source of mental goofs.

Guest The Variable
You baffle me.

But we can still be friends.

If Ross has smaller ears and gets the GOP ticket, he beats slick willy. His sense on taxes, budgets, fiscal matters were sound. We were young in 92, but I was brought up in a political house so I remember a lot about that race.

Guest The Variable
If someone keeps showing poor intellect over and over and over again, how long does it have to happen before we decide that the guy might not be that smart? Sure, he's got a B.S. in Animal Sciences, but in his current profession (politics), the man is a constant source of mental goofs.

This is the difference between a lawyer and a manager. You look at how the guy presents, what he says. Probably not too different from how we did things on the debate team. I look at what he does. Sometimes the two correllate, sometimes they dont. Hes done an excellent job in Tehas, made it competetive and has been completely boned by the feds when it comes to the border. I dont agree with him 100%, but when it comes to action, hes the best on the field.

If Ross has smaller ears and gets the GOP ticket, he beats slick willy. His sense on taxes, budgets, fiscal matters were sound. We were young in 92, but I was brought up in a political house so I remember a lot about that race.

If Ross had any kind of political sense, he'd have let Bush II get reelected in 1992 and waited until 1996 to gain the Republican nomination. Instead, he pretty much just slit Bush I's throat and gave Clinton a cakewalk.

Guest The Variable
Not even remotely close. James Garfield and Thomas Jefferson would smoke the Hell out of Perot.

If we're talking about sheer intellect, Newt's smarter.

Newts smart-comments-to-dumb-comments ratio is not that high. He shotguns ideas just to see what sticks.

Guest The Variable
If Ross had any kind of political sense, he'd have let Bush II get reelected in 1992 and waited until 1996 to gain the Republican nomination. Instead, he pretty much just slit Bush I's throat and gave Clinton a cakewalk.

Bush beat Bush. Not only that, but being the "conservative" that he was, he should have taken Perots ideas and run with them. He didnt and his mouth put him in the L column.

We didn't have a TV back then. Dad kept up with it in the newspaper. I loved Ninja Turtle comics too much to care, so I won't comment.

This is the difference between a lawyer and a manager. You look at how the guy presents, what he says. Probably not too different from how we did things on the debate team. I look at what he does. Sometimes the two correllate, sometimes they dont. Hes done an excellent job in Tehas, made it competetive and has been completely boned by the feds when it comes to the border. I dont agree with him 100%, but when it comes to action, hes the best on the field.

Excellent job in Tehas, eh?

Is that why Texas ranks 37th in education spending per student?: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20110128-texas-slips-in-per-pupil-education-spending-among-states.ece

Is that why Texas was $27 billion in the red in 2011?: http://www.texastribune.org/texas-taxes/2011-budget-shortfall/

Is that why Texas health care is abominable?: http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/2011/08/12/rick-perrys-texas-vs-mitt-romneys-massachusetts-the-health-statistics-almanac/

I've looked at what's Perry's done, and it's crap. Almost as bad as his presentation.

Bush beat Bush. Not only that, but being the "conservative" that he was, he should have taken Perots ideas and run with them. He didnt and his mouth put him in the L column.

Perot took more than enough votes away from Bush to hamstring Bush.

Considering that Bush lost by 5 million votes, Perot got 19 million votes, and Perot's appeal was to the conservative base, it's more than safe to say that Perot cost Bush reelection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1992

Paul will stay in until the end, even if the numbers are totally against him, Newt will have to have some pretty thick hide to get over this most recent scandal with his ex-wife and Santorum will last until late March possibly, but I see him running out of $$$$.....Looks like Romney more and more each day...

What was the scandal with Newt's ex-wife?