Beaver Basketball

schoolteacher

Shorter quit the team. Didn't give a reason why but he's gone. If DJ Edwards keeps playing like he has recently it'll help the loss. The Beavers did respond well tonight with a 103 to 61 win on the road at Pikeview. Edwards lead the beavers with 20 points tonight. We had 6 players in double figures. Got another tough game Friday with Scott coming to BSC

Shorter quit the team. Didn't give a reason why but he's gone. If DJ Edwards keeps playing like he has recently it'll help the loss. The Beavers did respond well tonight with a 103 to 61 win on the road at Pikeview. Edwards lead the beavers with 20 points tonight. We had 6 players in double figures. Got another tough game Friday with Scott coming to BSC

Honestly, I think Shorter's loss could kill the Beavers. They literally have 1 player in Edwards that's going to give them a lift off the bench down low now. They were only 8 deep but Shorter's loss now makes them 7 deep. One reserve guard and one reserve post player. They desperately need more bodies down low now.

Lack of depth could definitely hurt them come tournament time. If fouls mount up, then they have nowhere to go. Bluefield has arguably the most talented 6-7 man rotation in the state, but that is where it begins and ends.

Playing smart and staying out of foul trouble is going to be their biggest concern from now until the end of the season.

Perimeter shooting will only get you so far as well. Bluefield didn't make many shots against Princeton and Princeton made a bunch in the 2nd half. Without a post game, Bluefield can not suffer through another poor shooting game from outside and expect to be successful in the tourney. That's my additional concern.

I wonder why he would quit. This is one of the best teams to ever go to through BHS and they have a real shot at winning a ring. I don't care if I rode the bench, I wouldn't be quitting that team. I guess thats just me though.

Guest StoneyCalhoun

May have something to do with football. Shorter signed a LOI (I assume he has a scholly) to play football at AB in the fall. He might be working on getting ready for that.

Good play last night but still worried come tourney time without a bigger body down low. It showed over Princeton last Fri once they get in foul trouble they are hurting. Wyoming East was playing them well in 1st half beating them down low and went away from it second half. Hope he didnt quit because of football, basketball will be over in March plenty of time to get ready.

Good play last night but still worried come tourney time without a bigger body down low. It showed over Princeton last Fri once they get in foul trouble they are hurting. Wyoming East was playing them well in 1st half beating them down low and went away from it second half. Hope he didnt quit because of football, basketball will be over in March plenty of time to get ready.

Who quit