Newt Gingrich is craaaazzyyy.

BlueTornadoFan

I'm all about science fiction and space and such (I've read just about every Isaac Asimov book out there) and years ago I would have given him my vote just based on this....though that would be stupid. Now though, I realize that even if we do have the technology to start something like this (which we do), we definitely don't have the money and the way things are looking, I don't think we'll have the money in my lifetime. Kind of a bummer actually.

Though I doubt he could keep this promise, (as it would cost several fortunes) it would create a lot of jobs. High paying research/science/engineer and low paying manufacturing and maintenance. We're talking thousands. It's still farfetched.

We'd have to rob Mitt Romney to make it possible.

Guest The Variable
Though I doubt he could keep this promise, (as it would cost several fortunes) it would create a lot of jobs. High paying research/science/engineer and low paying manufacturing and maintenance. We're talking thousands. It's still farfetched.

We'd have to rob Mitt Romney to make it possible.

Create taxpayer funded jobs that bring in 0 revenue to accomplish...what? It would be a tremendous undertaking especially financially. We dont have the $$$.

Create taxpayer funded jobs that bring in 0 revenue to accomplish...what? It would be a tremendous undertaking especially financially. We dont have the $$$.

No guarantee that even half of those jobs would even be domestic.

Guest The Variable
No guarantee that even half of those jobs would even be domestic.

It hurts me to even agree that this is true.