Gate City Incident

V-Cats

I won't mince words, some of GC's fans including their student section were making racial slurs toward VA High players and fans. Between that and the usual officiating problems and idiotic police force, it's another example of how some (not all, mind you) of their fans are the worst in the area. To you sane GC fans, are you just as embarrassed as I'm furious at these people?

I won't mince words, some of GC's fans including their student section were making racial slurs toward VA High players and fans. Between that and the usual officiating problems and idiotic police force, it's another example of how some (not all, mind you) of their fans are the worst in the area. To you sane GC fans, are you just as embarrassed as I'm furious at these people?

If you call chatting U S A. A racial slur then yes GC Students Did it...

Edited by cmd4life

No racial slurs. they do it at EVERY game, ask anyone we have played. It was not directed at the kid in your student section until he started acting like a dumbass. Your player getting a dunk and yelling "M'FER's" at our fans? your student section throwing stuff at the refs DURING the game? I don't want to hear it. It was nice seeing you guys leave the gym though.

how's it feel? When Hurley played at VA High earlier this year, your students were dumb enough to (1) talk a LOT of crap to Coach Cooper and (2) say "USA USA" evey time Waynick got the ball because they thought he was some sort of ethnic import for some reason? Plus some other crap that was said...all in all point is Va High has no room to point fingers at anyone until they learn to have some class of their own.

If you're gonna spout off, tell the whole story. You had fans make idiots of themselves last night but once again, its GC's fault. You ran your mouths all night long, then when you get beat (again) you roll up in a ball and start sucking your thumbs. Maybe print up some more t-shirts next year.

I was at the game. NO racial slurs (unless you mean the USA chant).

Officiating? You are correct. I thought it was one-sided. I BELIEVE VA High attempted something like 27 free throws. GC attempted something like 14. At one point during the third quarter, GC had been called for 6 team fouls. VA High had been CALLED for 0 team fouls. The only reason GC caught up at all in FT attempts was VA High blatantly fouled toward the end of the game during a lame comeback attempt.

VERY poor sportsmanship displayed by the VA High "fans" last night. I really hesitate to even use the word "fan". Throwing stuff on the floor.....sad. You are messing with player safety when you do that. At least two "people from the Bristol area" trying to come down on the gym floor.........sad. At least one "person who supports VA High" having to be restrained.....redneck. A young kid (at least you can make up an excuse for a child) having to be led from the gym by the State Police. Then came the WORST "fan" support I have ever seen. With maybe 3-4 minutes remaining in the game, the majority of the "people acting like they support VA High" stand up and leave in mass. Absolutely classless!!! I'm sure the players on the VA High team appreciated your support.

One guy has already mentioned the profanity used by your player who dunked. Come on.......act like you have dunked before.

I was at the game. NO racial slurs (unless you mean the USA chant).

Officiating? You are correct. I thought it was one-sided. I BELIEVE VA High attempted something like 27 free throws. GC attempted something like 14. At one point during the third quarter, GC had been called for 6 team fouls. VA High had been CALLED for 0 team fouls. The only reason GC caught up at all in FT attempts was VA High blatantly fouled toward the end of the game during a lame comeback attempt.

VERY poor sportsmanship displayed by the VA High "fans" last night. I really hesitate to even use the word "fan". Throwing stuff on the floor.....sad. You are messing with player safety when you do that. At least two "people from the Bristol area" trying to come down on the gym floor.........sad. At least one "person who supports VA High" having to be restrained.....redneck. A young kid (at least you can make up an excuse for a child) having to be led from the gym by the State Police. Then came the WORST "fan" support I have ever seen. With maybe 3-4 minutes remaining in the game, the majority of the "people acting like they support VA High" stand up and leave in mass. Absolutely classless!!! I'm sure the players on the VA High team appreciated your support.

One guy has already mentioned the profanity used by your player who dunked. Come on.......act like you have dunked before.

Seems like VA high was playing the "victim" card..calling our student section "gay." and everything else that went on that night. They are absolutely classless.