Erick Green, Virginia Tech (70)

THIRD TEAM

Seth Curry, Duke (65)

C.J. Harris, Wake Forest (57)

Lorenzo Brown, NC State (52)

Kenny Kadji, Miami (45)

Mason Plumlee, Duke (43)

HONORABLE MENTION

Bernard James, Florida State (42); Andre Young, Clemson (35); Travis McKie, Wake Forest (26); Durand Scott, Miami (26).

ACC ALL-DEFENSIVE TEAM

John Henson, North Carolina (61)

Bernard James, Florida State (54)

Jontel Evans, Virginia (39)

Michael Snaer, Florida State (31)

Andre Young, Clemson (29)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My three reactions:

1. The two voters that put Mike Scott on ACC 2nd-team (one of them is Caulton Tudor from Charlotte) should have their press passes immediately revoked. That's disgraceful.

2. Surprised Erick Green from VT got 2nd team. I was thinking more likely 3rd, but good for him.

3. Glad to see Evans's defensive impact get him on the 2nd team. Henson, the fainting goat he is, should be nowhere near #1.

Don't see how Scott wasn't unanimous as well...rather have him than TZ any day...

I, too, think that when you put Scott and Zeller in a vacuum, Scott's the best all-around player.

Zeller, while good, has many of his inadequacies shadowed by his supporting cast.

Caulton's justification: "Well, when your offense is designed to get Scott the ball exclusively, of course you're going to have big stats". Paraphrasing from his Twitter responses and his email responses to some friends of mine.

My responses to him:

1. UVA averaged 63 possessions a game, barely 3/4 of what UNC averaged (he had 4 Tar Heels on 1st team).

2. Project Scott's stats x 25% to match UNC's tempo, and you're looking at one of the best ACC seasons ever.

3. Scott shot 57% for the season...when everyone knew it was coming.

4. Scott didn't have the luxury of 3 additional Burger Boys.

It's disappointing to see such ignorant people in positions of influence.

UVA, I posted something similar to this yesterday in the chatbox.

Like Scott, Kevin Jones wasn't an unanimous 1st team selection despite being the league's leading scorer and rebounder. For the Big East, the coaches select the all-conference team but can't vote for their own guys.

One anonymous Big East coach was quoted as saying, "Someone must have an axe to grind against huggs or wvu."

UVA, I posted something similar to this yesterday in the chatbox.

Like Scott, Kevin Jones wasn't an unanimous 1st team selection despite being the league's leading scorer and rebounder. For the Big East, the coaches select the all-conference team but can't vote for their own guys.

One anonymous Big East coach was quoted as saying, "Someone must have an axe to grind against huggs or wvu."

I agree, I don't believe there's any way you can keep Kevin Jones off the Big East's First Team.

That's an egregious error, equivalent with not putting Scott on the list.

I agree, I don't believe there's any way you can keep Kevin Jones off the Big East's First Team.

That's an egregious error, equivalent with not putting Scott on the list.

KJ and Scott have both had the idea senior season. It's a shame that politics have taken away what these guys have rightfully earned.

Big East league sources have told a few reporters that Jae Crowder from Marquette will be Big East POY. An absolute SCREW JOB against Kevin Jones. Unbelievable.

You can't expect to win POY on a team that is .500 in the conference. Jones lost twice as many games (12) as Crowder did (6) this season. If he is on a better team he wins it.

Does KJ deserve it? Probably, but winning plays a huge role in it. Marquette finished #2 in the conference so Crowder gets the nod.

Same reason that UVAO is going to be pissed tomorrow when Zeller is named ACC POY. He isn't on a good enough team to win it. Fourth in the conference won't win it, especially when you have someone that is somewhat comparable that finishes at the top or runner-up.

You can't expect to win POY on a team that is .500 in the conference. Jones lost twice as many games (12) as Crowder did (6) this season. If he is on a better team he wins it.

Does KJ deserve it? Probably, but winning plays a huge role in it. Marquette finished #2 in the conference so Crowder gets the nod.

Same reason that UVAO is going to be pissed tomorrow when Zeller is named ACC POY. He isn't on a good enough team to win it. Fourth in the conference won't win it, especially when you have someone that is somewhat comparable that finishes at the top or runner-up.

That is bs. It's an individual award. If you want to bring up winning then WVU would have had a terrible record without KJ. Take Crowder away from Marquette and they would still be very good.

KJ was the league's leading scorer and rebounder. He was also only the THIRD player in Big East history to achieve that feat.

Also, WVU got screwed on the football side of the POY award. Isiah Pead had 1100 yards and 11 TD's, while Geno Smith lead his team to a BCS game with nearly 4,000 yards and 25 TD's.

Unfortunately, I think this is the reality of it. It sucks, but it's how it goes.

That is bs. It's an individual award. If you want to bring up winning then WVU would have had a terrible record without KJ. Take Crowder away from Marquette and they would still be very good.

KJ was the league's leading scorer and rebounder. He was also only the THIRD player in Big East history to achieve that feat.

I didn't say that it wasn't BS. I'm just saying that, in these voters' eyes, it isn't an individual award. POY /= MVP.

Reality is that if WVU would've played better and won more games we wouldn't be having this discussion. A .500 team record won't win you a POY, and unfortunately for UVAO and Mike Scott, neither will a 9-7 record.

That's why you rarely see the nation's leading scorer in serious talks for National POY if he plays on a middle of the road team. It's an individual award for the upper echelon of ranked teams.

I didn't say that it wasn't BS. I'm just saying that, in these voters' eyes, it isn't an individual award. POY /= MVP.

Reality is that if WVU would've played better and won more games we wouldn't be having this discussion. A .500 team record won't win you a POY, and unfortunately for UVAO and Mike Scott, neither will a 9-7 record.

That's why you rarely see the nation's leading scorer in serious talks for National POY if he plays on a middle of the road team. It's an individual award for the upper echelon of ranked teams.

I understand what you are saying. At the same time I think there is more to it then that.

I understand what you are saying. At the same time I think there is more to it then that.

I agree with that. Too often the award is given to simply the best player on a great team. I think that violates the spirit of the award. It should be given to the best performing player...period. That's Jones in the BE, and that's Scott in the ACC.

I agree with that. Too often the award is given to simply the best player on a great team. I think that violates the spirit of the award. It should be given to the best performing player...period. That's Jones in the BE, and that's Scott in the ACC.

Exactly!

The Big East facebook page has deleted and blocked every WVU fan who commented on the POY award. There have been a few who were probably out of line with their comments but the majority just stated their opinion of how it was a travesty in their eyes that he didn't win. Nice to see the Big East silent a portion of it's fan base.

The Big East facebook page has deleted and blocked every WVU fan who commented on the POY award. There have been a few who were probably out of line with their comments but the majority just stated their opinion of how it was a travesty in their eyes that he didn't win. Nice to see the Big East silent a portion of it's fan base.

You guys are Big XII now. They couldn't give a $hit about you all now that you're leaving and they don't feel the need to appease you. Good riddance both ways, I'm sure.

You guys are Big XII now. They couldn't give a $hit about you all now that you're leaving and they don't feel the need to appease you. Good riddance both ways, I'm sure.

True. It is their own fault that their conference is fading. If you think about it, WVU football probably extended the conference relevancy. Take away the 2006 Sugar Bowl and the Big East may have lost it's AQ status.

True. It is their own fault that their conference is fading. If you think about it, WVU football probably extended the conference relevancy. Take away the 2006 Sugar Bowl and the Big East may have lost it's AQ status.

LOL, and this is exactly what we've been arguing about with WVU fans for years but you guys would never admit it. The Big East football conference is/was absolutely terrible and had no accolades other than riding WVU's coattails. Not that the ACC is a world beater, because it's far from it, but it's definitely better than the BE from top to bottom. Again, not a real Saving Grace by any means. Not trying to turn this into a ACC vs. BE battle either. Just a comparison point, that's all.

Big East football still might be in big trouble. Louisville will be joining you guys before long and, as early as last week, Boise St. was rethinking their decision to leave the MWC. A Boise-less Big East will likely cause a domino effect with SDSU, the academies, and most new members, which almost guarantees the loss of their AQ status if the AQ system isn't done before 2013 anyways. If not, somebody has to get the final AQ bid and it might as well be C-USA/MWC merger.