Bobby Lutz to take over Hokie hoops program?

This move will not be a Program changer! Weaver could do better than this. I feel it's a step back.

Not a program changer, but an upgrade.

And when I say "upgrade," I'm not talking about [moving up to first class] upgrade. I'm talking about [you stay in coach but get an extra pack of peanuts or two] upgrade.

Jay Wright is the name flying around TSL boards and several Twitter accounts.

I would be shocked! He is from the Philly area, his wife, i believe graduated from Villanova. Unless, he feels he has went as far as he can with them. At this point, i say hire Bobby Knight & Bud Foster. The other assistant's and players will be too scared to quit or transfer. Can you imagine, Bobby Knight and Bud Foster together, just the looks on their faces, when they are angry...

Looks like I was wrong. And not for the first time.

(Betting there is much more to the story, though.)

Yeah, I had thought you were right. I think Lutz seemed uninterested. Johnson always said he'd come back for a head job. He hadn't even moved his stuff down to SC yet.

Yeah, I had thought you were right. I think Lutz seemed uninterested. Johnson always said he'd come back for a head job. He hadn't even moved his stuff down to SC yet.

I think you're 100% correct about Johnson. Having him locked up gave Weaver some latitude to test the waters as well as leverage in negotiating with other candidates.

I would hazard a guess that Lutz was interested, but that he and Weaver were pretty far apart on money.