President Obama may have just won the Latino vote

ThomasDenton

Ok, obviously im not up to date on the way our immigration system works(or doesent work. How is it that an illegal immigrant i attending school or serving in the military?

Dont misunderstand me, im all for fixing this countries immigration system(its obviously not working and only benefits a few), but illegals need to be deported, plain and simple. Im not against immigrants, in fact iall for allowing more into the country but they need to pay taxes if t are gonna recieve services.

I think this will help Obama out alot, Romney winning is far from a certainty and honestly I know which one would be worse for the country.

If given a choice between a 2nd term and one of his daughters, he'd pick his daughter, but I guarantee you he'd think about it. The man will prostitute himself for a vote.

The sad thing is that gay and Hispanic voters are all about his stance on policies despite the fact that he is only using them for political gain. They truly think the he on their side, and that is sad.

So basically, (I'm not very good at understand politics), he's allowing all children of people who crossed the border illegally to stay in this country and get a free education and some government help that true American's can't even get?

So basically, (I'm not very good at understand politics), he's allowing all children of people who crossed the border illegally to stay in this country and get a free education and some government help that true American's can't even get?

Kind of. It's a bit more restricted than that. basically, all illegal immigrants that are currently in the US that are a certain age, been here for so many years, and have 1) graduated from high school, 2) are currently in high school, or 3) served/serving in the military, get to stay here for 2 years, no questions asked, so they can get a work permit or whatever to become legal and this can be extended beyond 2 years. I think it said that it would effect something like 800,000 immigrants. Of course, it's all for political gain, with the elections coming up and him and Romney fighting over the Hispanic vote. He'll probably forget all of this after the election, like many of his promises.

The sad thing is that gay and Hispanic voters are all about his stance on policies despite the fact that he is only using them for political gain. They truly think the he on their side, and that is sad.

Just like the gay community took the bait. A few saw it for what it was, but not nearly enough.

Illegal immigrants have access to grants and 12 states are offering them (as of 2011), and I am sure that more states are offering them now. It's ridiculous!

Section 505 of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 (Title 8, Chapter 14, Sec. 1623(a)) states: “an alien who is not lawfully present in the United States shall not be eligible on the basis of residence within a State (or a political subdivision) for any postsecondary education benefit unless a citizen or national of the United States is eligible for such a benefit (in no less an amount, duration, and scope) without regard to whether the citizen or national is such a resident.â€

• 2 months later...

Please help vote out the worst president in american history!!!!!

Amen!!! This guy has added over 5 trillion dollars to our national debt (which he pledged to cut in half during his first term) gas prices have doubled on his watch, and he has been more concerned with campaigning for re-election than addressing the serious problems facing our country. Either he goes or the country you and I love and grew up in will be gone.

Amen!!! This guy has added over 5 trillion dollars to our national debt (which he pledged to cut in half during his first term) gas prices have doubled on his watch, and he has been more concerned with campaigning for re-election than addressing the serious problems facing our country. Either he goes or the country you and I love and grew up in will be gone.

amen to that