Effective anti-smoking campaign

http://www.wimp.com/smokingads/

I'm not really waging war on smoking or anything (I don't do it myself and I can't stand it, but to each his own). I just thought this was a really creative way to get people to stop smoking. I wonder why we don't have more ads like this in the US? All ours are just commercials trying to get people to buy stuff like Nicoderm or show really disfigured and disabled people who got that way from smoking.

http://www.wimp.com/smokingads/

I'm not really waging war on smoking or anything (I don't do it myself and I can't stand it, but to each his own). I just thought this was a really creative way to get people to stop smoking. I wonder why we don't have more ads like this in the US? All ours are just commercials trying to get people to buy stuff like Nicoderm or show really disfigured and disabled people who got that way from smoking.

The disabled people work for me. But your post has merit. Interesting approach.

The disabled people are pretty bad. A few years ago they ran some ads with people talking about how much they missed loved ones that had died from smoking, pretty hard hitting stuff.

I just think about how much smoking costs and that does it for me!

Yeah, the ads with the disabled people are pretty hard to watch sometimes, but are pretty effective. But I like ads like this one better that still get the job done and have a bit of a happier ending.