Tigers / Greenwave

redtiger

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont know if Meade is faster. Bowen can really move, went to state last year in track(not sure which event). I think the biggest difference is vision. On the 1st long run Meade had(the call was GT counter left) he cut back after countering and was gone. Not alot of backs see that gap.

Glyn R, John Michael, Chris Rob, J. Reed, Mancel, to name a few. Gavin, and Robbie this year.........a lot of good backs in Clintwood the last 10 years with discipline and Class. I did not see that in that young man last night.......it's to bad, there is always someone bigger and better, lose the chip.

Glyn R, John Michael, Chris Rob, J. Reed, Mancel, to name a few. Gavin, and Robbie this year.........a lot of good backs in Clintwood the last 10 years with discipline and Class. I did not see that in that young man last night.......it's to bad, there is always someone bigger and better, lose the chip.

I really dont know what you are talking about?

I never said he is the greatest back ever in dickenson county history. I said he has talent and is close to the equal to Meade. Honestly I think R Mullins is better than Meade. No doubt Meade(and the others you mentioned) played with class and represented their school well and as ive already said he didnt do that last night. Oh and on youre grand list of running backs you forgot Kenny Dotson and John Michael Fleming

as far as there always being someone bigger and better, I dont know wth you mean? again, I never said he was the best, just that he is compareable to Meade

No chip here

Honestly, did you just read page five then decide to jump me without really knowing what we are talking about?

Edited by redtiger

Never saw anything from Reed to even come close to adding him to that list. Mancel either for that matter other than they were both good kids. I'd take Bowen talent wise over either. As for Gavin, didn't he finish top 10 in the 100 as a frosh?

I dont remember Reed. M Powers was a good back but not a great back.

I definately could see Meade being a track guy, he can really move. I just dont know that he is faster than Bowen(it would be close imo). Meade is definately a more polished RB

I think Gavan, and Dylan both had faster times the Bowen in the 100 this past year. Isn't his specialty the high jump?

I agree with ya Lung, was just thinking of past backs in the last ten years.

He is just a kid, and thats the reason I havent put his name and number up. My point is if you dont run your mouth, nothing good can come from it and hopefully he learned something about it last night. Do I think he is a quitter? No, imo he isint used to being in that type of game and when things got rough he didnt know how to handle it. By the time this season is over he will be a different player(I hope so for his sake because he has a bright future ahead of him).

But youre right, the Haysi team that played in the first 18 minutes of the game can play with anybody in D1, the team that played the rest of the game not so much. I hoped they learned from last nights game. They have the talent to be good but have alot to get together(and alot to learn).

And you are right, he is not being used like he should. I afraid he will end up having a career like Caleb Powers did; Powers was the best running FB that ive seen in this area and his senior year he averaged about 10-12 carries a game for about 100 yards a game. It should have been atleast 20 a game. Last night Haysi was able to run up the middle on Clintwood, '06 was the last time that was the case and Coach didnt take advantage of it.

Yes, Caleb Powers was VERY solid and never got enough carries. I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Bowen.

My post wasn't even directed to you, it was just my opinion of backs that I have watched. And Fleming is on the list, did for get Kenny though, good kid also.

Did you mention Justin Hamilton in your list or was that too far back ...he was a few yrs ahead of Glen R..and others??