Virginia Tech vs Pitt

wvuraiders

Wouldn't surprise me to see Pitt play the best game they've played in three years and beat VT. VT has shown no rhythm what so ever on offense from the coaches down to the players. They have one in about every six games where they'll look competent and this Saturday ain't gonna be it. They're still too young overall in my opinion. So far no play makers at WR, freshmen RBs, a QB that has been "off" through the preseason & first two games, and o-line that can barely hold their own with the line of scrimmage spells D-O-O-M.....

Wouldn't surprise me to see Pitt play the best game they've played in three years and beat VT. VT has shown no rhythm what so ever on offense from the coaches down to the players. They have one in about every six games where they'll look competent and this Saturday ain't gonna be it. They're still too young overall in my opinion. So far no play makers at WR, freshmen RBs, a QB that has been "off" through the preseason & first two games, and o-line that can barely hold their own with the line of scrimmage spells D-O-O-M.....

Pitt lost to FCS Youngstown State by 2 TDs. Pitt lost to a very mediocre Cincinnati last week by 24.

If VT doesn't smoke this team, it should be cause for serious concern...

Pitt lost to FCS Youngstown State by 2 TDs. Pitt lost to a very mediocre Cincinnati last week by 24.

This will probably be one of those 34-7, 38-10-type wins for VT. There will be plenty for us to complain about regarding the offense, while our defense causes many three-and-outs. Welcome to another Virginia Tech Saturday in the fall.

I think I'm going to start finding solace in the predictability of the team I root for.

Maybe, maybe not. For some reason, VT seems to play down to the level of their opponent quite a bit. Teams they should roll over, they turn into unnervingly close games.

This will probably be one of those 34-7, 38-10-type wins for VT. There will be plenty for us to complain about regarding the offense, while our defense causes many three-and-outs. Welcome to another Virginia Tech Saturday in the fall.

No way VT scores 34 or 38 vs. Pitt, unless the defense and special teams score 2 or 3 TDs.

And yes, there will be plenty to complain about regarding the offense.

There already is cause for serious concern IMO. I know they're young and inexperienced along with playing two games in five days, but they are still not showing any improvement from the last six or seven years. How many different players has VT had on offense contributing in that span? Doesn't matter who is in there playinig, same results. Defenses stack the box and shut them down for the most part and once again it doesn't matter who they are playing. Stiney still isn't showing concern or much responsibility for their faults either over the years.

They aren't doing the things they need to do to be successful consistently if they really want to win a meaningful game down the road.

does virginia tech score more points than pitt fans in stadium...thoughts?

These two programs deserve each other, defectors playing in a 25% filled professional stadium. I'll make a point to laugh every time ESPN pans the "crowd".

There already is cause for serious concern IMO. I know they're young and inexperienced along with playing two games in five days, but they are still not showing any improvement from the last six or seven years. How many different players has VT had on offense contributing in that span? Doesn't matter who is in there playinig, same results. Defenses stack the box and shut them down for the most part and once again it doesn't matter who they are playing. Stiney still isn't showing concern or much responsibility for their faults either over the years.

They aren't doing the things they need to do to be successful consistently if they really want to win a meaningful game down the road.

This year was not projected to be one of your stronger years in the last decade. I think you all are right on pace through 2 games. Unlike the last few years, I cannot fault your offense for a slow start this year. You all will turn it on at the end and be 10-2. Somehow.

This year was not projected to be one of your stronger years in the last decade. I think you all are right on pace through 2 games. Unlike the last few years, I cannot fault your offense for a slow start this year. You all will turn it on at the end and be 10-2. Somehow.

But it's still the same stuff from the coaches that are confusing the hell out of the players. They put in the pistol formation this year to try to keep defenses off guard. Yipee!! Well what good does it do if you run it for only two or three plays in a row then move to something completely different?? You either use it, or you don't. Stop jumping around to eight different sets with differently designed schemes that is only confusing the hell out out the players and then they can't execute the play worth a damn.

BTW, Georgia Tech didn't seem to have any trouble rolling up almost 7,000 yards on their over matched opponent Presbyterian after traveling Monday night and losing a heart breaker in OT. Hang over? Didn't look like it to me and they should have had one since they were the one's who lost and had to travel.

I know that VT is proud to be 2-0 right now, as they should be, but if they aren't getting better and doing the things they need to do to be successful once the better teams come up on the schedule, then what good is it? VT has talent on their team, but I still don't think the coaches are putting the players in a position to be successful.

Regardless if he's been in NCAA violation while at Alabama, you don't see Nick Saban being thankful for being 2-0 while playing poorly.

I picked Pitt to win in the pick em and on twitter haha

I picked Tech to win in the pick em and on twitter and in ESPN fantasy and on Yahoo fantasy hahaha

I guess somebody owes you a pat on the back for a great pick, so pat pat

I picked Tech to win in the pick em and on twitter and in ESPN fantasy and on Yahoo fantasy hahaha

I guess somebody owes you a pat on the back for a great pick, so pat pat

Todd McShay retweeted me picking Pitt over tech haha

I've been reading some of the fan opinions about this current VT team and they keep bringing up the FSU & Clemson upcoming games as being slaughters. Guess what, VT still has B.C. and Duke to play before then. They way this team looks right now and their history struggling with Duke, I'm not so sure they can beat Duke or B.C. right now.