Virginia Tech vs Pitt

wvuraiders

So I was in the process of moving to St. Louis (yes, you read that correctly!) yesterday and only listened to the game. The Pitt announcers were beside themselves with delight. I kept hearing the phrase, "AND THANK GOD HE DROPPED THAT BALL BECAUSE..." Was it just that we didn't execute? Did we not come to play?

We didn't come to play and did not execute. I basically took a 700 mile round trip joy ride to Pittsburgh yesterday.

Glad I didn't waste my money on tickets for the Pittsburgh game.

So I was in the process of moving to St. Louis (yes, you read that correctly!) yesterday and only listened to the game. The Pitt announcers were beside themselves with delight. I kept hearing the phrase, "AND THANK GOD HE DROPPED THAT BALL BECAUSE..." Was it just that we didn't execute? Did we not come to play?

I think that a mental lapse was part of in most notably on the defensive side of the ball, but the offense shows zero confidence and understanding with whatever they are trying to do. They also look about as tough as a sixth grade girls basketball team. I keep hearing the same coaches mention simplifying things, coaching better, blah blah blah. Has VT not done this same thing to start the season for the last ten years??? I don't understand why you would continue to do the same thing for years when it's never worked. It's almost like Stiney is so determined to prove all the critics wrong he continues to do the same things.

"Use the losses and failures of the past as a reason for action, not inaction." - Charles J. Givens

The second interception was Thomas feeling pressure and making a terrible decision to throw the ball to the center fielder all while the two receivers running the crossing route ran into each other!!! Now someone tell me that this team knows what they are doing on offense.....

One more question, how many times in the last ten years have you heard Beamer make positive comments about the play calling of their offense after a game? Miami game from 2011 was one that I remember and maybe the FSU ACC Championship game from 2010, but I also don't remember either of those two teams stacking the box on defense against VT to force pressure.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Pitt play the best game they've played in three years and beat VT. VT has shown no rhythm what so ever on offense from the coaches down to the players. They have one in about every six games where they'll look competent and this Saturday ain't gonna be it. They're still too young overall in my opinion. So far no play makers at WR, freshmen RBs, a QB that has been "off" through the preseason & first two games, and o-line that can barely hold their own with the line of scrimmage spells D-O-O-M.....

Nice call!

One more question, how many times in the last ten years have you heard Beamer make positive comments about the play calling of their offense after a game? Miami game from 2011 was one that I remember and maybe the FSU ACC Championship game from 2010, but I also don't remember either of those two teams stacking the box on defense against VT to force pressure.

I would like to ask a question. When was the last time that VPI recruited a quarterback, not an athletic man to play quarterback, a quarterback? A Bryan Randall type who didn't kill the team with "one read and run" pass plays or game breaking mistakes.

Aside from Alabama, there is alot of parity these days in college FB. ULM def Arkansas and take Auburn to OT. Stanford def. USC. WKU def. KY. Pitt-VT. Tough to bet games this year.

UL-Monroe has literally its best team ever, and will therefore cover darn near every week.

USC lost because Lane Kiffin is a horrible in-game coach with a ridiculous ego.

WKU is MUCH better than people want to admit (and I've posted that here before).

VT always plays like garbage to start a season. But that always turns around.

I would like to ask a question. When was the last time that VPI recruited a quarterback, not an athletic man to play quarterback, a quarterback? A Bryan Randall type who didn't kill the team with "one read and run" pass plays or game breaking mistakes.

Sean Glennon.

That's not an answer, my last Glennon sighting, he was throwing another interception in Baton Rouge.

Your question was when did they last recruit a QB. Sean was a the traditional QB type coming out of high school. He wasn't an athletic scrambler that could get positive yardage when a play breaks down. He turned out to be a poor QB with little help around him.