Anyone Here Work Retail

Interesting. I've heard from a few that work at Wally that the WallyWorlds in Bluefield and Princeton are already starting to cut hours for employees because business is down...

Just passing along what I was told last week by some WalMart employees...

Well now that I think about it, they probably work day shift, so that might be completely possible. I work nights and nights puts up all the freight, so we pretty much have to be there.

Sorry.

Walley does this every year that ive been with them they take the hours for the month of september and october and overwork the people that are there you have to cover like 3 different depts and then you get them back the last week of october all the way through feb. they always say the same thing buisness is down but in all reality they are just saving money before they have to pay everyone to be there november and december.

I run a retail store in Southpark Mall in Charlotte, and business is GREAT...if you work at the Apple Store. I don't.

Our business has recovered from the downward spiral, but it is nowhere near what it was in 2006 and 2007. The crunch hit my business, upscale retail, really hard. The very high end Bob Ellis Shoe Store that was close to where I work closed two years ago (approx...may have been a little longer). Several other stores have come and gone in that time frame. The upscale stores seem to be the ones that have had the most trouble recovering, which is understandable. People with money are more guarded in tough economic times as well as everyone else, maybe even more so. Our fiscal year begins in Feb., and we have had slight increases in 4 out of 7 months, and almost made the other 3, only missing LY's figures by less than 3%. So, to answer the question, I'm seeing improvement, but not as rapidly as I would have hoped. I'm praying for a strong 4th quarter.

Mon-Thurs. the Sporting Goods area i work in is busy but you can tend to it with just one person doing all the cleanup in the dept and running the register and stocking all at the same time. Fri-Sat its almost impossible to keep up with and there is always someone yelling at you for help or my personal fav "HEY YOU!!!". Sunday nothing you can do the people that come in after a ceartin thing ends about 11:30 or 12 are some of the rudest most impossible people to please and they destroy everything in there path from about 11:45 to 5:30 and it makes the dept unreconizeable but after they go back to the service things go back to were you can attempt to fix it a little before monday.

I worked at Hibbett Sports for nearly a year before I left this past July, last Christmas was HECTIC. Not long after that maybe mid Feb, business went from $2000+ a day (which is pretty good for a Hibbetts in this area) to never more than a measly $500. Hope things pick up for them during the holiday season.