Will A-Rod or Pujols break the HR record?

Lance

What do you guys think? I don't think either will break Bonds mark.

Pujols is at the magic number of 32 years old now, which is when production starts to drop off and injuries start to creep in...and A-Rod is 5 years past it and starting to once again prove that theory to be true...hey, even Griffey Jr fell victim to it.

If Pujols has 30 HR's for 8 more years putting him playing until he's 40, he's still short...and A-Rod still needs roughly 120 to break it...with 5 years left he would need to average 25 a year to break it...he only managed to hit 18 this year and seems to be slowing down now...not sure a 40-42 yr old A-Rod can hit 25 HR's a year at this point?

I think injuries will dictate the final numbers for both, but even if they stay 100% healthy I'm not sure either has enough to beat out Bonds.

I still think of Aarons as the mark to beat. I know Bonds name is in the record book and nothing was proven, but I just can't help it. I do think at least one of them will break Aarons record and maybe both.

Neither will. A-Rod is done and Pujols is getting there. MLB is all about pitching now and 30-40 homers wins the home run title now. Also, the "medicine" that kept the Bonds' and McGwire's of the world in the game long past due is now baned.

I still think of Aarons as the mark to beat. I know Bonds name is in the record book and nothing was proven, but I just can't help it. I do think at least one of them will break Aarons record and maybe both.

This.

If Bonds record stands, then Pete should be in the HoF...

This.

If Bonds record stands, then Pete should be in the HoF...

A-Rod was on the roid list as well...if he breaks it then it's no better than Bonds...jury is still out on Pujols and what he's done.

Pete should be in the HOF regardless.

What about Jeter? Do you think he has a shot at Rose's record??

i think Jeter has a better chance at breaking the hit record than the others have of breaking the HR record...but, it all depends on how far Jeter wants to push it and how long he wants to play...you are looking at him breaking it somewhere between 45-50 years old? I think that's pushing it.

i think Jeter has a better chance at breaking the hit record than the others have of breaking the HR record...but, it all depends on how far Jeter wants to push it and how long he wants to play...you are looking at him breaking it somewhere between 45-50 years old? I think that's pushing it.

Around maybe 43 or 44 considering he gets 200 plus hits per season. Going to be hard, especially when your body starts regressing a lot. I think he can do it, as long as he remains committed to it.

Around maybe 43 or 44 considering he gets 200 plus hits per season. Going to be hard, especially when your body starts regressing a lot. I think he can do it, as long as he remains committed to it.

i just don't see him hitting 200+ every year for the next 5 years. I was amazed he was able to pull it off this year, so who knows? But, I just don't see it...and one injury at this point could end it.

• 3 months later...

A-rod is pretty much done, he'll be lucky to avoid a suspension as well as being a yankee. I know theyre looking into seeing how to void his contract if he is disciplined, dont know if that can happen, but he will be lucky to his another 50-75 hr's before he busts. Jeter just is not going to make it that long, he's getting older, bodys starting to wear down. You just dont see guys playing into their 40's anymore.

Pujols has a shot at the hr title, a long shot, but still one none the less. Its all about consistancy, doesnt have to have a couple monster years, just keep several good ones going.

Pretty crazy that the all-time home run hitter (Bonds), all-time hit leader (Rose) and the guy with the most Cy Young Awards (Clemens) will not be in the Hall of Fame anytime soon.

i just don't see him hitting 200+ every year for the next 5 years. I was amazed he was able to pull it off this year, so who knows? But, I just don't see it...and one injury at this point could end it.

Like the ankle that he injured during the playoffs. Also do you think Jeter will eventually have to change position? How long can he keep being an everyday shortstop at his age? Where would you put him if so?

Edited by KCFan

Like the ankle that he injured during the playoffs. Also do you think Jeter will eventually have to change position? How long can he keep being an everyday shortstop at his age? Where would you put him if so?

probably move him over to 3rd i would guess?