Virginia High @ John Battle (Round 2)

V-Cats

These are two completely different teams than what we saw in September, VHS especially. The hype surrounding it will be crazy, and this game may not live up to it, or we might get treated to another classic. Thoughts?

It'll live up to it. These teams are very well coached, play hard nosed defense and the coaches know what each other is thinking 3 plays ahead of time. lol I'm not going to make a prediction on the outcome because it could honestly go either way. If Cody Rogers isnt healthy though..... Battle wont be able to move the ball on offense. In that case, they'd have to come up with atleast 1 Defensive/Special teams TD. Should be a great game with turnovers/penalties being the deciding factor.

It'll live up to it. These teams are very well coached, play hard nosed defense and the coaches know what each other is thinking 3 plays ahead of time. lol I'm not going to make a prediction on the outcome because it could honestly go either way. If Cody Rogers isnt healthy though..... Battle wont be able to move the ball on offense. In that case, they'd have to come up with atleast 1 Defensive/Special teams TD. Should be a great game with turnovers/penalties being the deciding factor.

I believe that'll definitely be the key (much more so than any injuries): whoever makes the least mistakes wins.

Let's just hope it's cleanly and evenly officiated, I'd hate to see either team lose because of subterfuge

Should be good officiating. I think we get state officials instead of locals (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

don't know what you mean by "state" officials, but no, you will have AOA officials on friday night.

That's what I meant. Couldn't remember the name AOA, so I just went with the generic "state".

AOA is the same local cats you get during the year.

Seriously? I was told there would be different refs for the playoffs. That's a bummer. But the crew at the first game did pretty good, so it might not be bad.

Course, AOA were the ones that screwed Richlands out of a title in 2010. You can argue the officiating at the VHS-JSB game last year, but you can't argue that RHS wasn't cheated out of a state championship

Course, AOA were the ones that screwed Richlands out of a title in 2010. You can argue the officiating at the VHS-JSB game last year, but you can't argue that RHS wasn't cheated out of a state championship

What are you referring to here?

If you are talking about the state game in Lynchburg against Poq. Those were not AOA officials.

These are two completely different teams than what we saw in September, VHS especially. The hype surrounding it will be crazy, and this game may not live up to it, or we might get treated to another classic. Thoughts?

I'm thinking this will be one of the best first round games in D-2 west if not the best. I've not seen VHS since game one but my gut is telling me they get revenge on JSB for the last two regular season losses. I'm picking the Bearcats 19-16.

However i think the winner of this one gets knocked out by Giles next week.

I'm thinking this will be one of the best first round games in D-2 west if not the best. I've not seen VHS since game one but my gut is telling me they get revenge on JSB for the last two regular season losses. I'm picking the Bearcats 19-16.

I'd definitely consider this one of the best games in D2 West, but maybe not THE best. I'd have to give that one to Graham vs. Union.

I'm rootin' for Battle but i'm afraid the Cats will get their revenge.