Is God a John Battle Fan?

V-Cats

This is a question long wondered by sports fans, and it especially getting some attention after Tebow and Denver beat the Steelers last year in the playoffs. Does God care about who wins football games?

Now, let's apply this to a local team, Battle. The circumstances for this argument seem possibly legitamite, they pray before and after every game, their cheerleader signs have Bible verses on them, when Coach P got sick, they had a massive prayer vigil that the school sponsored (take that Seperation of Church and State!), and all this year they've had several wins with "hand of God" finishes (the Hail Mary against VHS, the Gate City overtime win, some of the personal foul penalties against VHS and the interception in the playoff game) not to metion there was a shooting star over head on VHS's final drive last night.

Between all these incredible close wins, the feel-good story factor about a school going from rags to riches, playing for a beloved coach, and all the religious activity, I think we could make a good case that something interesting is going on at Battle Hill.

Disclaimer: This is not meant to criticize or alienate either John Battle or Coach P, just bringing a new angle on an ages-old discussion

This is a question long wondered by sports fans, and it especially getting some attention after Tebow and Denver beat the Steelers last year in the playoffs. Does God care about who wins football games?

Now, let's apply this to a local team, Battle. The circumstances for this argument seem possibly legitamite, they pray before and after every game, their cheerleader signs have Bible verses on them, when Coach P got sick, they had a massive prayer vigil that the school sponsored (take that Seperation of Church and State!), and all this year they've had several wins with "hand of God" finishes (the Hail Mary against VHS, the Gate City overtime win, some of the personal foul penalties against VHS and the interception in the playoff game) not to metion there was a shooting star over head on VHS's final drive last night.

Between all these incredible close wins, the feel-good story factor about a school going from rags to riches, playing for a beloved coach, and all the religious activity, I think we could make a good case that something interesting is going on at Battle Hill.

Disclaimer: This is not meant to criticize or alienate either John Battle or Coach P, just bringing a new angle on an ages-old discussion

If so, I'd say he's switching to Giles this coming week.

As long as God isn't a cowboys fan...

im tellin battle fans,fear the wing..i saw them carve up a good battle team in the late 90s at battle .tradition,they will be loud and a huge followin..i may come down since marion will play a very tough tunstall team three hrs away